Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

Look here for help to identify your Hamilton Watch

Moderator: Nookster

Nookster

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#491 Post by Nookster » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Maybe someone made the watch? I would have to find the case with the wide lugs. I search by dials, not by cases. It's just easier for me. Good catch.

Problem is, that watch no matter which model it is not not made in 1987 when it was "gifted." The scratches on the back bother me, as they go under the engraving,
not above them, nor did they break the edges of the engravings.

One would think President Reagan would gift a new watch versus an older one. No one knows until you can find paper work thru the white house.
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF Founder, moderator and Hamilton Watch Enthusiast
www.vintagehamilton.com

PalomasDad

#492 Post by PalomasDad » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:39 pm

All excellent points.

Something about this says franken to me, but I defer to the experts!

I did have a look at Reagan diary entries and White House schedule for the date on the back and a few days before and after, and turned up nothing of immediate use. (Nobody with the name Carl Carson, nothing about military or veteran events specifically, nothing about receiving people at the White House or Oval Office specifically.

Even if somehow authentic, it could very well be acknowledging someone’s retirement date we’ll before or after the fact. Could have legitimately and deliberately been engraved on an already-owned, already-worn watch, or could be something fishy.

taxman150

#493 Post by taxman150 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:06 am

I have several "unknowns" in my Hamilton collection that I would appreciate help on from the experts here so thank you in advance. Some are "known unknowns" , some are late 60s uncatalogued models while others are probably 70s models that aren't captured in available catalogs. Here is the first "unknown" from my collection - an unknown Dateline Thinomatic. I have two.
Attachments
Unknown Dateline T Something.jpg
Unknown Dateline T Something.jpg (54.08 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Unknown Dateline T Something 2.jpg
Unknown Dateline T Something 2.jpg (277.9 KiB) Viewed 74 times

Nookster

#494 Post by Nookster » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:18 am

I am guessing those have the numbered system on the back?
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF Founder, moderator and Hamilton Watch Enthusiast
www.vintagehamilton.com

taxman150

#495 Post by taxman150 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:15 am

Inside the case yes but unfortunately I don't have a photo handy and they are in safekeeping for the time being.

Here is another unique one that I refer to as Sea Ruler Like in that the dial is quite similar to the Sea Ruler and the case is like the Sea Raven with the same diamond faceted crystal but clearly a different case. Again, I have two of these and both are exactly the same in terms of dial, case and with diamond faceted crystal. Both have 686 movement and inner case number of 915467. Perhaps an unknown M series watch from 1967.

This one, like the last one I posted, show up on Ebay fairly often so they must have been catalogued in some manner.
Attachments
Sea Ruler Like 2.jpg
Sea Ruler Like 2.jpg (212.06 KiB) Viewed 70 times
Sea Ruler Like.jpg
Sea Ruler Like.jpg (58.15 KiB) Viewed 70 times