York Regional 2021

Place for watch and non-watch related topics

Moderator: Nookster

tictic

York Regional 2021

#1 Post by tictic » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:06 pm

I was not able to attend my favorite Show this year in York, PA.
Anyone who attended care to give a report (good, bad, or otherwise)?

GaryM

Re: York Regional 2021

#2 Post by GaryM » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 am

I can say it had better pickings compared to National in Virginia. That said the watch sellers are more like in person eBay shops with the eBay prices. Clocks are a different because the current generation sees no value in them so you can strike a good deal. We'll see what the future holds for these events.

Gotta love Memorial Hall
York Regional (2).JPG
York Regional (2).JPG (173.13 KiB) Viewed 58 times
Yeah!
York Regional (3).JPG
York Regional (3).JPG (174.68 KiB) Viewed 58 times
300 tables of goodies
York Regional (8).JPG
York Regional (8).JPG (217.3 KiB) Viewed 58 times
Need a couple of project watches, take your pick!
York Regional (10).JPG
York Regional (10).JPG (180.45 KiB) Viewed 58 times
Never leave without a shirt!
shirt.JPG
shirt.JPG (111.87 KiB) Viewed 58 times

tictic

#3 Post by tictic » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 am

GaryM wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:47 am
I can say it had better pickings compared to National in Virginia. That said the watch sellers are more like in person eBay shops with the eBay prices.
Thank you for the report.
To me, in-person handling/examining of watches is MUCH preferred to the crapshoot of eBay seller pics and/or taking their word for it regarding condition.
I trust my own eyes more, not to mention the shipping & tax add ons.

GaryM

#4 Post by GaryM » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 am

tictic wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 am
Thank you for the report.
To me, in-person handling/examining of watches is MUCH preferred to the crapshoot of eBay seller pics and/or taking their word for it regarding condition.
I trust my own eyes more, not to mention the shipping & tax add ons.
True, though NAWCC venues like this are going to fade away or end up with a National event only. I know because I help run the PNW Regional and we've been going down hill since the early 2000's and loosing money. You cannot dis the data! And with online sellers like Jones & Horan with better selections, no reserves, no buyer's premium, no sales tax, no online bidding fees and free shipping, the NAWCC regional show is no longer relevant IMHO. :D

Nookster

#5 Post by Nookster » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:30 am

Gary,

You are correct. With membership decreasing because of bad leadership, the whole organization will go away in a few years.

The board is not interactive, but rather a board of title only. I don't think the right hand and left hand know what they are doing?
I have had my recent battles with them, one ongoing now and the leadership is weak. Replace them all I say.

I asked why no Nationals on the West Coast? Their response was the local chapter has to do it, and none want to do it because of the cost.
I thought the NAWCC meant the "National" Association of Watch and Clock Collectors? Why don't they throw in a few bucks and make it happen.
I have never had anyone reach out and ask for donations locally. Sad. They should rename if the ECAWCC, the East Coast Association of Watch and Clock Collectors.
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF Founder, moderator and Hamilton Watch Enthusiast
www.vintagehamilton.com