Ebay Buyer - Hall of Shame!

Place for watch and non-watch related topics
JerseyMo

Ebay Buyer - Hall of Shame!

#1 Post by JerseyMo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:16 pm

We have all heard the tales or have had a buyer steal parts or just pain F*&^ Up a watch and than want to return it for refund.
Well it finally happened to me. Buyer insist to have the item shipped quickly, one day after arrival a return case is opened. "Defective not woking"
sure send it back no issue here and I must also pay for the return shipping.

They wait right up to the last hour to return the watch. When it arrives back I see yes it is not working. Why? Well some how the set lever is gone, the balance is broken an the sweep hand is smashed again the dial.
So I counter with a case myself and provide a description of the issue and pictures to support.

less than 24 hours latter I get this message from Ebay-
We determined that the item may no longer be in the same condition that it was in when it was sent to the buyer.
- No refund issued to buyer......

Please share your story of a buyer who should be in the HALL OF SHAME.
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”

stryfox

Re: Ebay Buyer - Hall of Shame!

#2 Post by stryfox » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm

I just had one where the buyer simply changed their mind. Ok. Send it back. No problem. I want happy buyers anyway. Did not send it back so they didn’t get a refund. However they left me bad feedback saying I wouldn’t take it back. People can just be difficult. I had one someone stole parts out of and I lost money. eBay was no help.... I fixed it and found it a good home eventually but I didn’t even break even on that one. Lost about $150 on it.
My watches on instagram,
https://www.instagram.com/fth_classic_timepieces

Watches serviced and ready to go at,
http://fthclassictimepieces.com

ulackfocus

#3 Post by ulackfocus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm

I could tell you stories. :o :roll: My favorite was a return from an Asian buyer (who we suspected was a frankenfaker, but using a different account to buy under) who returned an Omega because the serial number wasn't in the right range for the marriages he specialized in. There was no other reason he could have for returning the watch, and I even countered his claims on eBay but he just shipped the watch back without getting the okay first so eBay eventually sided with him and refunded his money. Didn't matter that I specified "no returns".

The best examples of bad buyers (flakes, scammers, etc) aren't eBay buyers though, so I'll save them for another time.

JerseyMo

#4 Post by JerseyMo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:41 pm

yes, the no returns really means nothing at all.
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”