Service providers

Workshops, techniques, manuals, DIY
fiftiesguy

Re: Service providers

#11 Post by fiftiesguy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:16 pm

After reading Dan's recommendation, I sent two of my watches to Vadim at USA Watch Repair. Vadim sent me pictures of the watches as he was working on them and used laser welding to repair some of the "dings" on one of the watch cases. Vadim was a pleasure to work with and did a great job on the watches. I would definitely recommend him.

Dave

charles martin

New Watch Repair and Servicing Business In the Midlands UK

#12 Post by charles martin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:17 am

Hi Guys,
I hope that this is the right forum to do this on and that I don’t annoy too many people. My name is Martin and I am one of the directors of Charles Martin Watch Company. I'm a watchmaker and we've decided to set up our own service and repair business in the Midlands (UK). We have a fully kitted out workshop, and are equipped to deal with most things if not everything.
Over time I began to get annoyed at certain aspects of the Swiss watchmaking industry and the servicing industry over here in the UK so my partner and I got together and we want to try and provide a better service than the one available.
We Begin trading at the end of Apr 2016, so if we can help you guys with anything either now or in the future then let us know.
I'll try and upload a link to our website and full contact details in the next few days when they are all sorted.

All the best Martin

Nookster

#13 Post by Nookster » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:45 am

We should set up watchmakers per state, if possible. I get request all the time for local watchmakers.

I need a really good not busy person who can do balance staffing for me. I swear, I am just going to take a class......LOL
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF owner, moderator and Hamilton Enthusiast

Paul_S

#14 Post by Paul_S » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:58 am

I would highly recommend Tip Top Crystals, an online store. Their selection is great, they carry SUC crystals in addition to GS crystals, and the prices (including shipping) are good.

Best of all, the shop has a "watchmaker's discount," where you automatically get an increasingly large percentage off with each order. If you order crystals regularly, you'll end up with prices that are essentially unbeatable.

I also second International Dial Co., which has done great work on many dismal looking dials for me.

*Note: I have no affiliation or connection with these businesses; I'm just a satisfied long-term customer
NAWCC Member & Obsessive Watch Adjuster
Blog: Adjusting Vintage Watches

Captain Crandall

#15 Post by Captain Crandall » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:37 pm

I guess I'm not allowed to post who I use for Accutron restoration work ?
For Accutron 214 Info, Facts, video and much more visit my good friends at
http://accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
A Troll Free Zone !

coronado

#16 Post by coronado » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Captain Crandall wrote:I guess I'm not allowed to post who I use for Accutron restoration work ?
Please do, I sometimes have a need for Accutron repair.