bergeon 7007-22 vs rodico, dial cleaning?

Workshops, techniques, manuals, DIY
semroc

bergeon 7007-22 vs rodico, dial cleaning?

#1 Post by semroc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:23 am

Anyone have any experience with this bergeon product? 7007-22. I was reading in the Omega forum how rodico leaves a film on the dial, and it's not recommended. Might try this bergeon product. Kinda spendy though. Thanks.

SFC

Re: bergeon 7007-22 vs rodico, dial cleaning?

#2 Post by SFC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Some dials are forgiving and touching it with rodico will not show.. if you trying to clean a glossy black dial a fancy tacky stick will not save you. If the dial is delicate I will get a clean piece of rodico and roll into a fine point and literally snipe the tiny specks of crud off the dial without making much if any contact (this is after using a blower of course). If the dial is matte white go ahead and rapid fire the rodico or tacky stick because it is not going to show. I was given one of the tacky sticks and found it to be a comfortable way to remove specks off of non-delicate dials. I did not think the stick was a game changer. If you want to try the stick go for it..

semroc

#3 Post by semroc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Thank you SFC. I appreciate the insight of how you go about it.

SFC

#4 Post by SFC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 pm

No problem Semroc.. I see this product being useful (time saving) if you are doing short jobs all day long. Such as crystal only, cell change with case & bracelet clean, quartz movement swap etc.. its just a quick and easy tool to get stubborn specs off the dial. It won't do much for removing patina off vintage dials.