Vintage Watch Forums

Vintage Collector’s Site for Discussion
Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Timex Thrift Store Finds Question.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:17 pm 

I was out at two thrift stores over the past couple of days and I found 2 neater than average Timex watches, (all under $5 for both) the first is a Timex Q quartz. And the second is a really neat fully functional denim style timex mechanical watch (I bought it, but only had time to take a photo of it at the store).
I was wondering if I could get more information / history / years on these neat watches, especially the mechanical denim one. While doing basic research, I saw that both of these seem to be rarer Timex watches.
Thanks a lot!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NrLL46]Image

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NwkRMA]Image

Post subject: Re: Timex Thrift Store Finds Question.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:23 am 

iKokomo wrote:
I was out at two thrift stores over the past couple of days and I found 2 neater than average Timex watches, (all under $5 for both) the first is a Timex Q quartz. And the second is a really neat fully functional denim style Timex mechanical watch (I bought it, but only had time to take a photo of it at the store).
I was wondering if I could get more information / history / years on these neat watches, especially the mechanical denim one. While doing basic research, I saw that both of these seem to be rarer Timex watches.
Thanks a lot!

Have a look at the bottom of the dial and you will see a series of numbers. The last two on the right are the production year. My guess is 1977 for both. The "Q" had some different movements inside. So I would need to see a picture. But if I had to guess it would be one of the hybrid electro mechanicals with a small regulator board. The demin dial is maybe a 24 movement. The numbers just before the production year are the movement (either 2 numbers or 3).

They are not rare and can be found in lots listed on EBay.

Have you determined if they run?