Timex Diver (Mechanical)

Vintage American Watch Discussion Forum
retroworx

Timex Diver (Mechanical)

#1 Post by retroworx » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:15 am

Does anyone have any info on this mechanical model for me? Is the rotating bezel original? Date?

Thanks!
timexdiver.6.jpg
timexdiver.6.jpg (199.22 KiB) Viewed 830 times
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

JerseyMo

Re: Timex Diver (Mechanical)

#2 Post by JerseyMo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:28 am

These draw attention of EBay and typically are called divers but they were not part of the "Skin Diver" series. Yes the bezel is original and I would first say the model comes from the "Sport Series". Most likely dates to 1974 - 1977? The production numbers will be at the base of the dial. the last two are the year made. Preceded by movement number, model\series. If you can't see them than the movement has to be taken out. You may also find an ink stamp on the inside of the case back.

Is it running? If not I know a very reliable resource who would be very happy to get it back into shape for you :lol:

Here is his calling card -
Attachments
DSC03075.JPG
DSC03075.JPG (118.56 KiB) Viewed 821 times
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”

retroworx

#3 Post by retroworx » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:40 am

Thanks for the info, Mo, and for offering the service! It is ticking along quite nicely, thankfully.

The bezel looked in such great shape I was worried it was some sort of after-market replacement, so good to know it is original. :)
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

JerseyMo

#4 Post by JerseyMo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:04 am

retroworx wrote:Thanks for the info, Mo, and for offering the service! It is ticking along quite nicely, thankfully.

The bezel looked in such great shape I was worried it was some sort of after-market replacement, so good to know it is original. :)
No aftermarket bezel rings for vintage Timex that I ever came across. So its great that this one is there.
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”