Dad's Hamilton thin-o-matic... oops.

Vintage Hamilton Watch Discussion Forum
sswells

Dad's Hamilton thin-o-matic... oops.

#1 Post by sswells » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Long story shortened... Dad passed a few yrs back. I ran across an early 60's I believe thin-o-matic. Quickly realized it worked when tossed to me by my wife.. I took it to a local smith and had it cleaned and regulated.. Honestly think the work was sub par at best. Fast forward months.. couldn't find the watach.. My wife found it in the laundry basked (of cleaned laundry). Believe it made it though a wash and dry. UGHHH..

Wondering if anyone can recommend a smith in the Cincinnati or Northern KY area? Anyone here on this forum that can take a look and give estimate? Worth more to me than anyone else obviously... No fog inside the crystal but not sure what all it really needs to be in proper working order.

Anyone can point me in a viable direction, I very much appreciate the help.

jimglynn

Re: Dad's Hamilton thin-o-matic... oops.

#2 Post by jimglynn » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 pm

I would suggest maybe Dan Keefe - He's a member of the forum and quite good. I think he likes a challenge! Dan?

HandyDan

#3 Post by HandyDan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Gees.. you work a few miracles and all of a sudden people think you're a miracle worker?

:lol:
-----------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green

http://hamiltonchronicles.com

sswells

#4 Post by sswells » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Dan,

I saw your blog and that you do work and sales obviously. Didn't know if you truly did work for hire or just hobby and sell.. If you are willing to to take a quick look and give me an estimate, I'd happily throw it in the mail. Again, obviously more personal value than market but just like to have it working properly if reasonable. PM if willing..
Thanks again...steve