Hamilton and the NAWCC

Vintage Hamilton Watch Discussion Forum
retroworx

Hamilton and the NAWCC

#1 Post by retroworx » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:10 am

A complete surprise to me (from the most recent NAWCC Executive Director newlsetter):
Hamilton Project Updates We have been communicating with, giving notice to, and held a GotoMeeting conference call with a good concentration of Hamilton repairers, collectors, dealers, book writers, website and blog owners, and all pretty much NAWCC members. This group has been discussing the design of an NAWCC Hamilton brand specific, on-line community to allow all Hamilton enthusiasts from collectors to former employees to have numerous means by which to share, communicate, and transact on line, as well as get together physically once a year at the old factory, to talk about anything Hamilton. This includes buying, selling, showing, display, giving information, sharing education, in all areas relevant to Hamilton, including Illinois, Dudley, Chronometers, Military, Railroad, Ball, advertisements, pictures, engineering drawings, you name it. We are also trying to recruit as many ex-Hamilton employees to join and ultimately plan to allow us to hold a meeting at the Hamilton Watch Towers Association building.
Mark, Rene, Bryan are you aware of this? Others? Seems to me that some of the folks here might want to get involved or provide some guidance. Or simply point them all here. :lol:
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

hamiltonelectric

Re: Hamilton and the NAWCC

#2 Post by hamiltonelectric » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:06 am

Yes, I am one of those on the list, however I was not able to participate in the conference call due to a time conflict. It sounds like an interesting idea.

To be continued!

HamiltonDeco

#3 Post by HamiltonDeco » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:04 pm

When I first read about the Hamilton Project in the NAWCC weekly newsletter I asked Tom Wilcox to be included. I provided him with names and contact info for enthusiasts he may have overlooked, like Bryan. I think there were nine people on the initial conference call. There were some good "first steps" taken.

Nookster

#4 Post by Nookster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

In my opinion, it was a waste of time.
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF owner, moderator and Hamilton Enthusiast

Dave

#5 Post by Dave » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm

That is exactly what this site is for. It seems like duplicated effort to me. :D