Some nice Hamiltons on eBay lately

Vintage Hamilton Watch Discussion Forum
Nookster

Re: Some nice Hamiltons on eBay lately

#11 Post by Nookster » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:33 am

I did not get Rectangular or Pinehurst. I did bid on Rectangular thinking it was the just the case as he listed it, I have a spare dial, thought I would get it
cheap, but the person later listed the dial and movement. The Pinehurst, I will admit I missed like everyone else. I am looking for a yellow one if anyone has one for sale.

I did get Cadillac Webster in white, working on it currently. About to list a white Cadillac Meadowbrook if anyone is looking for one.
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF owner, moderator and Hamilton Enthusiast

cj415

#12 Post by cj415 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Just went cruising through past listings and not seeing the Rectangular. Anyone know an auction number?

I did see Spurs and Spurs and Spurs! And Coronados. Lots of Altairs and Vegas in good shape. And a nice Wooden Sherwood. Oh, and a solid gold Oval.

The treasures are out there!

retroworx

#13 Post by retroworx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 am

cj415 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:17 pm
Just went cruising through past listings and not seeing the Rectangular. Anyone know an auction number?
Item 362256465507:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hamilt ... true&rt=nc

As Mark noted, it was not initially identified by the seller as a Rectangular and was listed as case only, for scrap. The seller only belatedly revealed he had the the whole watch when he added those pics to the listing after having been messaged with inquiries from several collectors. . . .
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

afire

#14 Post by afire » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:26 pm

vintagehamiltons wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:29 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Mark or Bryan got it (Pinehurst). That was a good price & won't take much $ to make it spectacular. It's a $5K watch.
The grungiest examples often make for the best restorations. The neglect sometimes means it's been spared excessive polishing, and indeed the engravings on this one look nice and crisp. An odd observation - look between 2:00 and 3:00. The 8:00 fell off completely intact and is still in one piece. Never seen that before.

Real men wear small watches.

owch

#15 Post by owch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Namespetra wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:28 pm
tse wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:27 pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintag ... 7675.l2557

Apparently seller did not know what they had and someone alerted them.
Nice to see that 100% of the considerable profits went to the charitable work of St. Vincent de Paul Society!
Thanks, TSE.

Namespetra, I concur.
Nice to see that someone gave the heads-up to a non-profit, which aids the poor.

cj415

#16 Post by cj415 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Sorry everyone... I'm just re-reading this thread and I see that I didn't make something clear in my first post...

I am the one who got the Pinehurst. I just happened to see it, in the wrong category, a day before it closed with bad pictures and described as a silver case. I was looking for a Hamilton 4992B Military Pocket Watch with a silver case which is how I came across it.

It arrived and it's crusty, but mostly untouched. The case is nice and sharp. Not a lot of polishing. There are about three, possibly 4, service marks in the back, but that's it. In transit, more of the lumed numbers fell off. Added bonus is that it has a 979 which appears to be original to the watch, so that makes the production quantity very low for this one. The movement is a bit sticky, but it wants to turn.

I wish I could keep this one, but sadly, it's going to get flipped to pay my tax bill that's sure in a few weeks.

HandyDan

#17 Post by HandyDan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 pm

I happened to get this Sherwood T in February. I had to dig deep to get it but I've never seen another for sale. Came with it's original box too.

Anyone want to venture a guess on what it's value would be? It's hard to say when there aren't a lot of comps.

-----------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green

http://hamiltonchronicles.com

https://www.instagram.com/hamiltonchronicles/

Nookster

#18 Post by Nookster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm

HandyDan wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:36 pm
I happened to get this Sherwood T in February. I had to dig deep to get it but I've never seen another for sale. Came with it's original box too.

Anyone want to venture a guess on what it's value would be? It's hard to say when there aren't a lot of comps.

I sold one in 2015 for $600. No box or papers though.
mark@vintagehamilton.com

Nookster

#19 Post by Nookster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:32 pm

congrats Chris on watch, awesome score.
mark@vintagehamilton.com

vintagehamiltons

#20 Post by vintagehamiltons » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:49 pm

The various Sherwoods were selling for over $3K 6-7 years ago, but it seems the bottom has fallen out recently. Too bad since I've got a nice 14K N to sell.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.95 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Tom Diss
Mod Squad