25/11/17 Circle

Show off your vintage watch to others!!
Andy

25/11/17 Circle

#1 Post by Andy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:17 pm

This is my first post since joining. So hello everyone. My name is Andy. I live in the jungles of the Yucatan peninsula. All my high end watches and most of my vintage watches were stolen back in 2005 when we evacuated for an oncoming hurricane. I did some cleaning last night and found this one as well as a 1959 Omega Seamaster in the bottom of a drawer in an old watch box. It wound easily, though it hasn't been serviced in years. I wore it today. It lost about 5 minutes in 8 hours. I got a quote to service it during my lunch hour. $200 pesos to clean, service and polish. He charges $350 pesos to clean, service, and polish the case and the crystal on the Omega. Labor cost are very cheap here. 350 pesos are about $17 US.
1.jpg
1.jpg (203.27 KiB) Viewed 146 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 146 times
I was playing with my watch instead of grading the test.
3.jpeg
3.jpeg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 146 times
I believe I purchased this little watch around the year 2000. I know it was before the Dot Com bubble burst. By this time I don't remember any of the details about it. Any info you might have would be appreciated. I'm going to get a shot of the movement when it's opened to clean it.

Thanks,
Andy