Vintage Collector’s Site for Discussion
Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thoughts on Moto Koure MKI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:22 am 

http://www.motokoure.com/collections/mk-i

I am thinking of pre-ordering one of the automatics.
I find the wood inlay particularly appealing.
What are the risks with pre-production watches such as these?

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Moto Koure MKI
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:26 am 

Very nice looking watches

The wood inlay on the mechanical models really set them off - what type of movement is used?

My concern with "pre-order" watches would be...when do they charge you? up front or when the item is shipped?
You probably have very little risk if you use a credit card with strong consumer protection - may just take a while to have the charge reversed (depends on situation, I assume)

just a thought...good luck and post a pic or two when you get it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:00 am 

Looks like the two movements tagged on the page are the Seiko NE88 (auto chrono) and Seiko VK64 (mecha quartz).

Nice looking watches, wish there were more about the formative origins of the company. The text on the web page is well written and the story compelling but, I would find it interesting to know more about the person or, persons who have undertaken this endeavor. ;)

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:25 pm 

tnwareagle89 wrote:
My concern with "pre-order" watches would be...when do they charge you? up front or when the item is shipped?
You probably have very little risk if you use a credit card with strong consumer protection - may just take a while to have the charge reversed (depends on situation, I assume)

I pre-ordered the Ball Engineer II Genesis before Christmas. It still hasn't arrived. They took the money up front. I used a CC with full protection but I'm not sure about the rules here, since it's been well over 90 days from order to delivery. I'm not sure that CC protection would still be in full force due to the elapsed time. At least with Ball Watches, it's a well-known and respected company. I caught the pre-order right from their website so I'm not too concerned about non-delivery or refunds. With a relatively unknown company, I'm not sure I would take the risk.

PS - The pre-order mechanical watch in this thread costs more than the Ball Engineer II Genesis. FWIW, at this price point, I'd rather have a known brand name from an established company. Having said that, sometimes the desire for a particular style is worth the risk and expenditure. Whatever makes you happy.