Vintage Watch Forums

Vintage Collector’s Site for Discussion
Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Whats the NAWCC thinking ?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:45 am 

Quote:
I agree to copyright, and acknowledging other people's work.

A great sentiment, but when you host a webinar, and post same on YouTube (#3, hermetics), and use half a dozen photos and an article I found and posted on WUS without acknowledgment, this makes your supposed high ideals ring hollow.

(The photos are in the "early photos of ladies wearing watches" and "early photos of men wearing watches" threads, and the article concerns the Baden-Powell book with the mention of his recommendation of wristwatch, can't remember which thread.)

Claiming to take the moral high ground is all well and good, but one needs to follow this completely as the ground can shift treacherously underfoot.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:20 am 

HaHa
So, you ran out of opportunities to "bait" me on WUS, you ran out of chances to look for a fight on NAWCC forum.
So you pop back here. HaHaHa.

I have acknowledged everything that was owned or copyrighted by others.
I have acknowledged you when it was/is due.
There are MORE acknowledgements in one of my webinars than you have in ALL your WW forum posts. Like the recent Kathleen Pritchard quote!

But I do not acknowledge people, just because they may find and post a photo, that is either in public domain OR more importantly I already had.
As I told you once before, just because you post a photo or an advert, it does not mean you own it for ever more or that others did not have it prior to your late finding of it.
I actually own most of the photos I use, including Baden Powel,s book and photo.

I have nothing else to add.
Good Bye
Adam

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:23 am 

...and there you have it folks, the "honorable" and "honest" Adam Harris.

The photos in question have been posted by me and then you have said how good they were, or how hard the original must have been to find.
The article about BP you posted a reply to also-but you never mentioned having a copy, something you never fail to do.
It is easily provable by finding the posts of each photo and article and providing links to them, thus proving you wrong. Again.

Acknowledgments- why acknowledge every source for a site I find a picture at, only to have you go there hunting?
Why acknowledge every newspaper or magazine I have searched through for adverts/articles?

One makes acknowledgments when one is using other peoples findings or work.

I rarely need to acknowledge.