Vintage Watch Forums

Vintage Collector’s Site for Discussion
Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:06 am 

Hello,

Would anyone please be able to give "him" a name? Thanks for helping me out

Attachments:
hamilton.jpg
hamilton.jpg [ 24.32 KiB | Viewed 1560 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:06 pm 

Rooster wrote:
Hello,

Would anyone please be able to give "him" a name? Thanks for helping me out

The consensus seems to be that it is a case variation of the original Accumatic. We have seen these before like this example that belongs to one of our members.

Post subject: Re: Please help identify this Hamilton
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:27 pm 

Dave wrote:
KCTGA0116 wrote:
ok Dave I can't find it......please help me Identify The movement says 679 I bought this for my son who has just started collecting. Any info you can provide I appreciate.

Accumatic IX-B (1961). You can find details on Dan's blog here: http://www.hamiltonchronicles.com/2014/ ... -ix-b.html

This does answer one question we had, i.e. which movement the IX-B used. The IX used the grade 672 like the earlier Accumatics.

Are you sure? I looked at the link and the Accumatic IX-B does not have the "H" on the face like mine does.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm 

The vast majority of models are identified by the case and occasionally by the case & dial combination.

Post subject: Re: Please help identify this Hamilton
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:04 pm 

KCTGA0116 wrote:
Dave wrote:
KCTGA0116 wrote:
ok Dave I can't find it......please help me Identify The movement says 679 I bought this for my son who has just started collecting. Any info you can provide I appreciate.

Accumatic IX-B (1961). You can find details on Dan's blog here: http://www.hamiltonchronicles.com/2014/ ... -ix-b.html

This does answer one question we had, i.e. which movement the IX-B used. The IX used the grade 672 like the earlier Accumatics.

Are you sure? I looked at the link and the Accumatic IX-B does not have the "H" on the face like mine does.

The date in the photo thread reflects the first date the model was cataloged. In the case of the IX-B, they updated the image for the 1962 model catalog. It's hard to say whether they changed the dial for 1961 or 1962. I suspect that they reused the image of the IX for the IX-B at first but updated the catalog when they had time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:44 pm 

Hi All,

Just picked this up on eBay and was hoping for a model and year. I looked for a long time through the ID guides but couldn't find it. Thanks for the help in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 pm 

Hello....Had this Hamilton - Illinois watch in my family for so long I can't remember if it was my grandfather's or father's watch....anyway I can't seem to located any info on this particular model.....on the case it states it is an Illinois 9510 10k gold filled....front indicates a Hamilton Incabloc ......inside the back of the case states it is 17 jewel 10k gold filled.....with a number S270109.......it is in excellent working condition.....accurate and cosmetically great shape with the original leather band. I know you must get a ton of requests like this but I sure would appreciate any info you could give to me as I would like to pass this fine timepiece and it's history down to my young son when he gets a bit older.....if you would require more or better photos just message me and I will gladly respond....anyway ...I am retired here in the Philippines and I have no one here that I know that can help me with this......thanks again.....Hall

Attachments:
Picture 146.jpg
Picture 146.jpg [ 79.43 KiB | Viewed 1058 times ]
Picture 147.jpg
Picture 147.jpg [ 82.43 KiB | Viewed 1058 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 pm 

Hall wrote:
Hello....Had this Hamilton - Illinois watch in my family for so long I can't remember if it was my grandfather's or father's watch....anyway I can't seem to located any info on this particular model.....

The Hamilton-Illinois branded watches are a short-lived production from Hamilton. There is very limited knowledge about these models. However, I am led to believe that there is a book coming out shortly that will reveal a great deal of new research about these Hamilton-Illinois models. I will message the author to point him to your post and see if he can provide any info on your specific example.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:32 am 

Hello.....and thanks Dave for your prompt reply. I sure hope I can get some more background on this particular model....it may not be valuable but it holds great sentimental value to me. And it does run perfectly and still looks good for it's age. It sure has more character and class than anything of more recent vintage !! Again...thanks for taking time to respond to my inquiry and also for the referral to the person who is writing the book on these models....to be honest....this has turned into more than a simple quest for info....now I am getting the 'bug' to start a small collection maybe !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:11 pm 

Hall I found your watch in the 1953 Hamilton/Illinois Catalog Topper Series called the Model-B

Attachments:
MODEL-B.PNG
MODEL-B.PNG [ 1.89 MiB | Viewed 1017 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:28 am 

Wow...thank you 1 More !!!! I don't think I would have been able to track this model down......much appreciate your time and effort. The watch is in almost perfect / new shape....it is amazingly accurate for sitting in a dresser drawer for almost 50 years. I don't have any idea of it's current value but I would not sell it at any price as it comes to me through my Grandfather/father and will be passed on to my son when he is old enough to appreciate it !!! It sure has more character than all these new digital watches they have out now !! I just can't believe the quality of this timepiece....even compared to my high -end Seiko....this Hamilton/Illinois has it beat...in form and function both !!! I would wear it everyday but want to keep it as pristine as possible so it only comes out on special occassions .........well...I guess the next quest is to find out as much as I can about the Manufacturer and the engineering background of the movement. Again....thanks to Dave and especially you as well as all the others here who took the time to help me research this watch......now I am thinking about a Ladies model for the wife...................!!! Take care all......Hall.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:23 pm 

If you plan to wear this watch, even just for special occasions, you should have it oiled and serviced. Since it has not likely been serviced for many years, the dry oil and dirt will grind down the ends of the pinions and erode the jewels. A great deal of damage can be done in a short time. I even suggest not to wind it anymore until it gets a proper service.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:32 pm 

Thank you again Dave....will follow your advice and try to find a competent watchsmith over here.....if I can't I will have to send it back to the States for service....any suggestions??? Thanks again....all you guys have been a great help !!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:29 pm 

Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.54 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.56 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.56 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 1086 times ]
I came across this vintage HAMILTON watch and I understand I should be able to get more information with the serial number...my dilemma is I'm very new to the watch world and have no idea how to take this watch apart and don't want to risk breaking it. So if anyone could help me with identifying the approximate age or how to take it apart further I would be most appreciative.

Details about the watch: It says HAMILTON under the 12 o'clock position. Under the wrist chain (the flat part it says "Kreisler DURO-BRITE USA". On the back side of the watch near the top of the cover, read with a jewelers loop since it is very worn, it is engraved with something illegible, possibly HAMILTON? And "14 KT GOLD FILLED". The watch closed circumference is only 5 5/8". Please see pictures and ask any questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 pm 

GreenesGoods wrote:
I came across this vintage HAMILTON watch and I understand I should be able to get more information with the serial number...my dilemma is I'm very new to the watch world and have no idea how to take this watch apart and don't want to risk breaking it. So if anyone could help me with identifying the approximate age or how to take it apart further I would be most appreciative.

Details about the watch: It says HAMILTON under the 12 o'clock position. Under the wrist chain (the flat part it says "Kreisler DURO-BRITE USA". On the back side of the watch near the top of the cover, read with a jewelers loop since it is very worn, it is engraved with something illegible, possibly HAMILTON? And "14 KT GOLD FILLED". The watch closed circumference is only 5 5/8". Please see pictures and ask any questions.

Please have a look through the ladies' catalog page to see if you find it there. http://www.vintagewatchforums.com/viewt ... =41&t=2754

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:50 am 

Looks like an Alcott from 1935

Attachments:
Alcott 1936.jpg
Alcott 1936.jpg [ 35.62 KiB | Viewed 1031 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 pm 

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty sure I have a beautiful Newlin from 1958-62 - the movement is a 770 and in great condition, some discoloration (green) on the inside of the gold filled case, nothing unusual. I found the below site that was a great help:

http://www.hamiltonchronicles.com/2013/05/1958-newlin.html

The only thing niggling at me is that the dial looks different from the catalogue options - do you think it's been repainted at some point? I'm hoping it's the original patina as I think it looks absolutely stunning, but want to be sure. I've never seen another Hamilton with the same hour markers....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nick

Attachments:
20160815_131907.jpg
20160815_131907.jpg [ 3.29 MiB | Viewed 917 times ]
20160815_132022.jpg
20160815_132022.jpg [ 3.8 MiB | Viewed 917 times ]

Casio Edifice (2016)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:17 am 

NickHopton wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm pretty sure I have a beautiful Newlin from 1958-62 - the movement is a 770 and in great condition, some discoloration (green) on the inside of the gold filled case, nothing unusual. I found the below site that was a great help:

The only thing niggling at me is that the dial looks different from the catalogue options - do you think it's been repainted at some point? I'm hoping it's the original patina as I think it looks absolutely stunning, but want to be sure. I've never seen another Hamilton with the same hour markers....

Nick

What you actually have is a Thincraft I.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:33 pm 

Dave wrote:
NickHopton wrote:
Hi everyone!

Nick

What you actually have is a Thincraft I.

Dave - thanks so much!! That's great and much appreciated!

Casio Edifice (2016)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:52 am 

Received this as an anniversary gift - need help identifying it
At first I thought is was a Dateline A-680 - case looks exactly the same; however, dial is totally different
I looked through the 1964-1970 catalogs and couldn't find it

Any thoughts?

Attachments:
WRUW_101316_1.JPG
WRUW_101316_1.JPG [ 129.42 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next