Attachments
hamilton.jpg
hamilton.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 2224 times

Dave

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#92 Post by Dave » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:06 pm

Rooster wrote:Hello,

Would anyone please be able to give "him" a name? Thanks for helping me out
The consensus seems to be that it is a case variation of the original Accumatic. We have seen these before like this example that belongs to one of our members.

KCTGA0116

Re: Please help identify this Hamilton

#93 Post by KCTGA0116 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Dave wrote:
KCTGA0116 wrote:ok Dave I can't find it......please help me Identify The movement says 679 I bought this for my son who has just started collecting. Any info you can provide I appreciate.
Accumatic IX-B (1961). You can find details on Dan's blog here: http://www.hamiltonchronicles.com/2014/ ... -ix-b.html

This does answer one question we had, i.e. which movement the IX-B used. The IX used the grade 672 like the earlier Accumatics.

Are you sure? I looked at the link and the Accumatic IX-B does not have the "H" on the face like mine does.

vintagehamiltons

#94 Post by vintagehamiltons » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm

The vast majority of models are identified by the case and occasionally by the case & dial combination.
Tom Diss
Mod Squad

Dave

Re: Please help identify this Hamilton

#95 Post by Dave » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:04 pm

KCTGA0116 wrote:
Dave wrote:
KCTGA0116 wrote:ok Dave I can't find it......please help me Identify The movement says 679 I bought this for my son who has just started collecting. Any info you can provide I appreciate.
Accumatic IX-B (1961). You can find details on Dan's blog here: http://www.hamiltonchronicles.com/2014/ ... -ix-b.html

This does answer one question we had, i.e. which movement the IX-B used. The IX used the grade 672 like the earlier Accumatics.

Are you sure? I looked at the link and the Accumatic IX-B does not have the "H" on the face like mine does.
The date in the photo thread reflects the first date the model was cataloged. In the case of the IX-B, they updated the image for the 1962 model catalog. It's hard to say whether they changed the dial for 1961 or 1962. I suspect that they reused the image of the IX for the IX-B at first but updated the catalog when they had time.

nalpak

#96 Post by nalpak » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi All,

Just picked this up on eBay and was hoping for a model and year. I looked for a long time through the ID guides but couldn't find it. Thanks for the help in advance!

Hall

#97 Post by Hall » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Hello....Had this Hamilton - Illinois watch in my family for so long I can't remember if it was my grandfather's or father's watch....anyway I can't seem to located any info on this particular model.....on the case it states it is an Illinois 9510 10k gold filled....front indicates a Hamilton Incabloc ......inside the back of the case states it is 17 jewel 10k gold filled.....with a number S270109.......it is in excellent working condition.....accurate and cosmetically great shape with the original leather band. I know you must get a ton of requests like this but I sure would appreciate any info you could give to me as I would like to pass this fine timepiece and it's history down to my young son when he gets a bit older.....if you would require more or better photos just message me and I will gladly respond....anyway ...I am retired here in the Philippines and I have no one here that I know that can help me with this......thanks again.....Hall
Attachments
Picture 146.jpg
Picture 146.jpg (79.43 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
Picture 147.jpg
Picture 147.jpg (82.43 KiB) Viewed 1722 times

Dave

#98 Post by Dave » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Hall wrote:Hello....Had this Hamilton - Illinois watch in my family for so long I can't remember if it was my grandfather's or father's watch....anyway I can't seem to located any info on this particular model.....
The Hamilton-Illinois branded watches are a short-lived production from Hamilton. There is very limited knowledge about these models. However, I am led to believe that there is a book coming out shortly that will reveal a great deal of new research about these Hamilton-Illinois models. I will message the author to point him to your post and see if he can provide any info on your specific example.

Hall

#99 Post by Hall » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:32 am

Hello.....and thanks Dave for your prompt reply. I sure hope I can get some more background on this particular model....it may not be valuable but it holds great sentimental value to me. And it does run perfectly and still looks good for it's age. It sure has more character and class than anything of more recent vintage !! Again...thanks for taking time to respond to my inquiry and also for the referral to the person who is writing the book on these models....to be honest....this has turned into more than a simple quest for info....now I am getting the 'bug' to start a small collection maybe !!!!

Just 1 More

#100 Post by Just 1 More » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Hall I found your watch in the 1953 Hamilton/Illinois Catalog Topper Series called the Model-B
Attachments
MODEL-B.PNG
MODEL-B.PNG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1681 times