Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

Look here for help to identify your Hamilton Watch
Message
Author
User avatar
Just 1 More
Posts: 521
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#201 Post by Just 1 More » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:20 pm

kepherax Your watch is called the Sea Beach II it was produce from 1965 to 1968
Attachments
Sea Beach II 1965.JPG
Sea Beach II 1965.JPG (50.07 KiB) Viewed 958 times

WMDaughter

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#202 Post by WMDaughter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello! We are The Watchmaker's Daughter, a third generation jewelry store in PA, and we buy estate lots. We just acquired a lot from a brother and sister who had a father who worked at the Hamilton watch company in Lancaster before it closed. We have some new old stock watches, and some used ones, that we are having a hard time identifying and we are hoping you can help us! I will post them if my research comes up dry. First one is this LED one... We can find similar ones but they are marked pulsar? Can't seem to find this particular model.
watch.jpg
watch.jpg (655.77 KiB) Viewed 902 times

davidc088
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#203 Post by davidc088 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am

Hey everyone!

I'm new here but I was recently given my great grandfather's watch from my father. I was wondering if you could help me with identifying it. Thanks so much!
Attachments
928CC00D-A3D8-45E7-A2FD-9A61F35B2225.jpeg
928CC00D-A3D8-45E7-A2FD-9A61F35B2225.jpeg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 799 times
376963AD-BA7A-41F8-8C36-6FBEBB0E5E21.jpeg
376963AD-BA7A-41F8-8C36-6FBEBB0E5E21.jpeg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 799 times

User avatar
vintagehamiltons
Posts: 3515
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 pm
Location: The Villages, FL

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#204 Post by vintagehamiltons » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:42 am

davidc088 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am
Hey everyone!

I'm new here but I was recently given my great grandfather's watch from my father. I was wondering if you could help me with identifying it. Thanks so much!
It cannot be identified from the photos shown. A picture of the movement would be required.
Tom Diss
Mod Squad

davidc088
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#205 Post by davidc088 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 am

vintagehamiltons wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:42 am
davidc088 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am
Hey everyone!

I'm new here but I was recently given my great grandfather's watch from my father. I was wondering if you could help me with identifying it. Thanks so much!
It cannot be identified from the photos shown. A picture of the movement would be required.
Alright. Sorry. I'm nervous about opening it up. I do know is mechanical though.

davidc088
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#206 Post by davidc088 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:20 pm

After playing with it I got it open. Attached are the pictures.
Attachments
014587D3-E588-494D-B702-2A50F8269F20.jpeg
014587D3-E588-494D-B702-2A50F8269F20.jpeg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 787 times
937B2746-6A55-42ED-A892-2C07BF8A2C2F.jpeg
937B2746-6A55-42ED-A892-2C07BF8A2C2F.jpeg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 787 times
DBB0DB5A-E217-414C-B22C-68D64A15133F.jpeg
DBB0DB5A-E217-414C-B22C-68D64A15133F.jpeg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 787 times

mrtoad
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#207 Post by mrtoad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm

The key to what you have is the number "924" on the movement. The 924 is a common 17-jewel, 18-size pocket watch movement. Although the 924 is not a railroad-grade movement, Hamilton made no cheap products, so it is a very solid watch. The serial number on the movement suggests its was made about 1917.

The Emperor case was made by the Star Watch Case Company; it is chrome-plated base metal. It appears to be in good shape and will protect the movement well.

By 1917, the 18-size watch was generally being replaced by the smaller 16-size ones, but some older buyers were staying with the larger watches. This case is less massive than a lot of 18-size cases and might be later than the movement: it might be the result of trying to have a smaller watch without buying a new movement. Since the dial on your watch appears to be in good shape, replacing a worn and larger case from earlier times might have been a good choice.

Since both watch and case appear to be in good shape, you should be able to wear it with pride.

User avatar
prospex
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 am
Location: Europe

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#208 Post by prospex » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:39 am

Could someone shed some light on the movement and perhaps case material of this ? Could it be solid gold or is it just rolled gold or something like that ? The crown is marked by the way.

Image
Image

davidc088
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 am

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#209 Post by davidc088 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 am

mrtoad wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 pm
The key to what you have is the number "924" on the movement. The 924 is a common 17-jewel, 18-size pocket watch movement. Although the 924 is not a railroad-grade movement, Hamilton made no cheap products, so it is a very solid watch. The serial number on the movement suggests its was made about 1917.

The Emperor case was made by the Star Watch Case Company; it is chrome-plated base metal. It appears to be in good shape and will protect the movement well.

By 1917, the 18-size watch was generally being replaced by the smaller 16-size ones, but some older buyers were staying with the larger watches. This case is less massive than a lot of 18-size cases and might be later than the movement: it might be the result of trying to have a smaller watch without buying a new movement. Since the dial on your watch appears to be in good shape, replacing a worn and larger case from earlier times might have been a good choice.

Since both watch and case appear to be in good shape, you should be able to wear it with pride.
Thank you so much!

User avatar
afire
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:08 am

Re: Post Your Mystery Hamiltons Here.

#210 Post by afire » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:08 pm

prospex wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:39 am
Could someone shed some light on the movement and perhaps case material of this ? Could it be solid gold or is it just rolled gold or something like that ? The crown is marked by the way.

Image
Image
Hard to tell for certain, but it looks to me like there's writing on both edges of the case back near the lugs. I would think one of those markings would contain the gold content. Otherwise, it would certainly be inside the case back.
Real men wear small watches.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests