Chrono 5001?

Look here for help to identify your Hamilton Watch
SeattleJeff

Chrono 5001?

#1 Post by SeattleJeff » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello everyone,
Looking for a little help on identifying this watch — I see a panda version referenced as a Chrono 5001, does that hold true for the reverse panda?

What years were these produced (I don’t see it in the catalogs, but have been looking at late 60s & early 70s).

What bracelet would this have been sold with?

And lastly, why is this thing so thick? The case is 3/8” think, the replacement crystal is tiny bit more than 1/8” thick... Is that typical? It’s much thicker than my Chonomatic A... just seems odd since it’s not an automatic.... (could it be the wrong case? The outside back is marked Hamilton-Swiss and stainless steel, but the inside back is unmarked... the movement is marked Hamilton...).

Thanks in advance for your help and comments...
Jeff
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 605 times

Dave

Re: Chrono 5001?

#2 Post by Dave » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 am

I do not know if the panda and reverse panda have different names. There is very little information about some models in this era.

I put the photos together in the photo threads for reference, as much as a placeholder as anything else, so that we can locate the photos if/when more detailed information is found.

Nookster

Re: Chrono 5001?

#3 Post by Nookster » Fri May 18, 2018 1:47 pm

In most cases, Hamilton would name a Watch the Chronomatic "A" would be white dial and "B" would be a black dial.

So logic might say it's a Chron 5001-B?
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF owner, moderator and Hamilton Enthusiast