Seiko 5 Automatic clasp is missing a pin to hold it together

Vintage Seiko Watch Discussion Forum
iKokomo

Seiko 5 Automatic clasp is missing a pin to hold it together

#1 Post by iKokomo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:48 pm

I recently acquired (in a large lot of watched for only $15 USD) a vintage working Seiko 5 Automatic watch that was in great shape except the fact that there seems to be a pin missing on the watch band clasp as seen in the photos.

I was wondering where I could find the correct pin so I can fix this watch and use it!

Thanks a lot!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NRSkZN]Image

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PqkJbk]Image[

Ninja01

Re: missing a pin

#2 Post by Ninja01 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi!

Not sure where you are in the world, or what you have available to you for jewelry or watch repair shops....

but I would just go to a local jewelry shop or watch repair "stall" (where I am). If the place is accustomed to replacing straps & bracelets, they usually have an assortment of springbars & other replacement parts. Usually it's just a matter of the tech rummaging around in the parts bins to find one of the correct length & popping it in for you.

You may be able to find a watch battery stall in a local mall. Sometimes they will have more than just batteries for quartz watches, you may be able to find the correct springbar at just such a stall which was not even intended for vintage mechanical watches ;)

Shouldn't be a problem ... as long as you have those kinds of shops around your area.

JerseyMo

Re: Seiko 5 Automatic clasp is missing a pin to hold it toge

#3 Post by JerseyMo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:10 pm

yes, no more than a clasp spring bar will do the trick. Something like this -
Attachments
DSC03942.JPG
DSC03942.JPG (131.43 KiB) Viewed 531 times
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”