Seiko 6309-836A bezel insert HELP

Vintage Seiko Watch Discussion Forum
console

Seiko 6309-836A bezel insert HELP

#1 Post by console » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:07 am

Hi,

I am attempting to restore a Seiko 6309-836A watch but am finding it impossible to locate the pepsi bezel insert, this insert is a different size to the one on the divers watch (which are readily available on ebay)

I have tried the usual sources "yobokies", ebay, seiko, cousins , all to no avail as the part was discontinued many years ago.

As this part seems to be no longer available, how would I go about getting one made up to fit either with or without the pepsi styling.

I have about 30 of these watches requiring bezels, it seems a shame to scrap them all for this when i could potentially have some made. :roll: :roll: :roll:

regards

Console
Attachments
Seiko 6309_836A.jpg
Seiko 6309_836A.jpg (40.18 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

penny_K

Re: Seiko 6309-836A bezel insert HELP

#2 Post by penny_K » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:55 am

Hi there,

That's gonna be hard to find the pepsi bezel. Have you tried local watch repair shops. They might have it by chance. Since, it is not available anywhere else, try running a check on the local watch repair shops. I remember when I went to Timescapeusa.com, a watch repair shop in Edina, MN, the guy showed me some stuff which he claimed that was not available anywhere else. These guys keep stuff which is like a gold mine which is rarely found. So, try locating over there.

Good Luck (Y)
Last edited by vintagehamiltons on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link