Help Identify the Seiko Actus Model!

Vintage Seiko Watch Discussion Forum
Waris

Help Identify the Seiko Actus Model!

#1 Post by Waris » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey guys a seller is selling this unique vintage model of Seiko Actus and claims its original but i cant find it on the internet. Does anybody know what model is this? Image

Tags:

Ninja01

Re: Feiko!

#2 Post by Ninja01 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Well, 2 dead give-aways on the dial that tell me it is a "Feiko":

1) SWISS MOVT - only One Seiko from the '60s -> '80s used a Swiss movement (the Seiko designation for that calibre is the 5328 & it had sub-seconds, not center seconds). This is NOT that model ;)

2) ANTIMAGNETIC - Seiko did not mark their dials with that badge on watches of the later '60s & '70s (the time-frame of the Actus line).

If you show the case-back, I likely can point out other "anomalies" that would further prove the illegitimacy of this item 8-) k

Seikos did indeed get faked over the years even though these particular models were not "luxury" or "high end" products of Hattori Corp. [Seiko] like Grand Seiko & King Seiko.

Waris

Re: Help Identify the Seiko Actus Model!

#3 Post by Waris » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Thanks a lot mate! I suspected the same and i found the "Seiko" branding missing as an anomaly i might be wrong on this but i've never even seen an actus without Seiko written on it. I have some more watches to verify as well let me post the pics here!

Waris

Re: Help Identify the Seiko Actus Model!

#4 Post by Waris » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Now i do realize Seiko 5's were equipped with 7S26a movement in the past as the back shows but the dial again is that of the Seiko 5 military watch but the casing is way to shiny even if we consider that they changed the Nato strap for some reason

Ninja01

Re: 7S26 Model

#5 Post by Ninja01 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi again!

I'm not really familiar with the recent models (meaning '90s & newer), so instead I'll give you this link that may help you answer the question:

http://www.watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/

I will just say one possibility is that the watch is "correct" but that the case had been "buffed"/polished & thus may not look the same as it should.

With the older Seikos, it is common to have "frankens" [legitimate Seiko parts from different models all thrown together] and restorations where 3rd party replacement parts have been added to replace original parts and "mods" where the owner wished for a different look from "factory spec".