Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Use of Breguet Numerals on Piaget watches
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:31 am 

Hello,

First post on the forum!

I have found a watch in an antique shop that is labeled Piaget, but the watch face seems very atypical for the brand. I am looking for help in decided whether to take a risk on the purchase. The watch is priced at $500. I did not get a chance to have a thorough look at the watch, or have the back removed.

This watch has applied Breguet Numerals on all hour positions 1 - 12, and looks to be from the late 1940's to 1950's. It has a sub-seconds dial. I've searched many Piaget examples and have not found anything similar. I have seen Piaget with Roman Numerals, baton markers, Arabic numerals at the 3-6-9-12 positions and a few examples of a full set of Arabic numerals but never Breguet.

Even if I don't buy the watch the quest for answers has become enjoyable. I've found countless brands using the Breguet numerals in my search, and I've learned a great deal.

The other reservation I have is that the watch back has no numbers engraved.

Any information, ideas and opinion from the forum would be appreciated. I have a terribly blurry phone picture of the watch, not sure if it would help.