Inherited Watches

Beginners Vintage Watch Discussion Forum Where You Can Get Expert Help
jonwilliams1964

Inherited Watches

#1 Post by jonwilliams1964 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:03 am

Hi - hoping you can help as this is all new to me!

I have inherited a number of watches from my late parents. Some of them belonged to my grandparents - my grandmother was Swiss so mny of them are of Swiss origin, and some from 1940s/50s or possibly before.

I have been researching online, to find out more about them, for insurance value and sentimental reasons, and on a few of them, I am stuck! If anyone on here can point in the direction of model numbers and age, and therefore possible value, it would be hugely appreciated! Pictures and a little info attached

* Longines pocket watch on chain, maybe 1920-30s, looks like it is missing its crown
* Ladies cocktail watch bearing number 94376, no visible marque at all, maybe 1920-30s Swiss ?
* Juvenia quartz - nothing else apart from serial number 1228051 on the back
* Bucherer incabloc 17 jewels with Montal rolled gold strap. Face not in good condition.

Thanks in advance!
Jon

SFC

Re: Inherited Watches

#2 Post by SFC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Jon, you need to open the watches to see the gold content. The bucherer is most likely solid gold. The longines and the other ladies watch could be as well but you need to open them to find out. None of these watches are all that collectible so you need to see what the cases are made of to determine value (if thats the info you are looking for). The bucherer is a 1940s watch and the ladies watches are older. The juvenia is obviously a more modern battery watch. I hope this helps.

jonwilliams1964

Re: Inherited Watches

#3 Post by jonwilliams1964 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks for the advice 👍