Swiss ladies 18k gold watch

Vintage Ladies Watch Discussion Forum
Nara

Swiss ladies 18k gold watch

#1 Post by Nara » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:05 am

I am new to the forum and apologize in advance if I am not following a procedure.

This watch was given to me in 1960. My uncle was a buyer of watches & jewelry for jewelers in Milan and other cities. He traveled to Chaux de Fonds frequently as well as other areas of Switzerland.

Around 1994 I had the watch serviced in New York. I was told at that time, the watchmaker was famous & the watch valuable. I have seen online a remarkably similar watch by Phillipe Patek. Here are the facts I have. My uncle purchased many Levrette watches at the same time. Charles Wilhelm & Cie. was the manufacturer. This company has gone through various owners Schwartz Etienne & currently Rinaldo Radicchi.

I don't know if there is another marking on the inside of the timepiece other than the usual places but the watchmaker in New York said it was inside the mechanics. Maybe he meant Wilhelm, I don't know.

I wear the watch rarely and it stays in the safe. It's time to part with the watch. I have the paperwork I have collected. My assumption is that my watch is a prototype. My uncle had bought several Levrette watches for the women members of the family & I am guessing for a young girl he bought a beautiful watch that cost less since it did not have the popular manufacturers name.
Attachments
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG (692.01 KiB) Viewed 531 times
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG (490.35 KiB) Viewed 531 times
IMG_3249.PNG
IMG_3249.PNG (4.11 MiB) Viewed 531 times

Last bumped by Nara on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:05 am.