I need help identifying this Lady Hamilton watch

Vintage Ladies Watch Discussion Forum
LMGold

I need help identifying this Lady Hamilton watch

#1 Post by LMGold » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 pm

My mother-in-law gave me this watch before she died. I need to know if it something I need to insure, which will be based on its worth. I figured a good place to start out would be to post some pictures here. It has a split band. The crystal is raised, which is why I included a photo of it, and there is nothing on the back.

If anyone can provide any information on this Lady Hamilton, please let me know. I'm glad to provide measurements, of the diamonds in ml and the watch face, but I think that's all I can add.

Laurie Gold

Squash61

Re: I need help identifying this Lady Hamilton watch

#2 Post by Squash61 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:12 pm

You might want to check the Hamilton Ladies catalog section links below.
As far as worth, a great place look is eBay and what similar watches sold for.
http://www.vintagewatchforums.com/viewt ... =41&t=2754

LMGold

#3 Post by LMGold » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Squash61 wrote:You might want to check the Hamilton Ladies catalog section links below.
As far as worth, a great place look is eBay and what similar watches sold for.
http://www.vintagewatchforums.com/viewt ... =41&t=2754
Thanks. I did what you suggested, and looked at the full Hamilton catalogs elsewhere on the forum. So interesting! But no luck. Same at eBay, which id tried before finding this forum. Some are very close, but the face has different numerics or the shape is different.

There's a great watch store not far away. I'm going to take it there; they sell vintage timepieces. I'm not looking to sell it, just identify it.

Dave

#4 Post by Dave » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:12 am

LMGold wrote: There's a great watch store not far away. I'm going to take it there; they sell vintage timepieces. I'm not looking to sell it, just identify it.
For purposes of identification, look at the inside of the case back to make sure it is marked Hamilton. If it is not marked Hamilton on the inside of the case back, it is an jobber or custom jeweler case and it will be nearly impossible to identify.

LMGold

#5 Post by LMGold » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:00 am

Dave wrote:For purposes of identification, look at the inside of the case back to make sure it is marked Hamilton. If it is not marked Hamilton on the inside of the case back, it is an jobber or custom jeweler case and it will be nearly impossible to identify.
Thank you for that advice.