Newbie Looking for a starting point

Vintage Military Watch Discussion Forum
PierceArrow

Newbie Looking for a starting point

#1 Post by PierceArrow » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 am

I am looking to buy a military watch but don't know where to start. I truly prefer pilot watches but most seem exceedingly pricey. I am open to WW2 Korea and Vietnam era items. I am open to all watches from these conflicts but as mention prefer pilot watches simply due to looks.
There is a lot of information on the web, but what is fake and what is the real information i am truly unsure of. I have looked at a variety of dealers sites and did try to go to one the other day but he seems to just meet you at a location without any storefront. It felt no better than buying something on eBay. I am wondering if anyone can lead me to books or websites to have a good starting point to learn about what watch i not only like but can afford. Where to purchase the item as well. I guess also has anyone had any good experiences with eBay. I may be a bit naive but I more than likely feel comfortable with a dealer than eBay unless people suggest other wise. Thanks so much.

Dave

Re: Newbie Looking for a starting point

#2 Post by Dave » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Military Watch Resource Forum is a good place to start. http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forum.php