1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

Vintage Waltham Watch Discussion Forum
Post Reply
Message
Author
JOSE G
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:16 pm

1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

#1 Post by JOSE G » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:33 pm

I have this watch and have tried to look up some info. about the owner and the Co.
So far I have come up with nothing,any ideas as what the T.E. Co. stands for.
Thanks.
ImageImage

User avatar
Literustyfan
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: 1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

#2 Post by Literustyfan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Companies in the private sector (non-military) sometimes gave their employees a watch as they were going off to war.

T. E. Co very well could have been something in the private sector so don't kill yourself concentrating 100% on military references.

This is a hard one with very little to go on................good luck!
http://www.LRFAntiqueWatches.com

Author of "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War"

Author of "Waltham Trench Watches of the Great War"

JOSE G
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: 1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

#3 Post by JOSE G » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:36 am

Literustyfan wrote:Companies in the private sector (non-military) sometimes gave their employees a watch as they were going off to war.

T. E. Co very well could have been something in the private sector so don't kill yourself concentrating 100% on military references.

This is a hard one with very little to go on................good luck!
Found it, it was a Canadian retail store,Timothy Eaton Co.
They really back up their employees when they went to war.
Interesting story.
http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/en/explor ... raits.aspx

User avatar
Literustyfan
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: 1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

#4 Post by Literustyfan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:42 pm

VERY cool!!!!
http://www.LRFAntiqueWatches.com

Author of "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War"

Author of "Waltham Trench Watches of the Great War"

User avatar
Illinois281989
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: 1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

#5 Post by Illinois281989 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:59 pm

JOSE G wrote:I have this watch and have tried to look up some info. about the owner and the Co.
So far I have come up with nothing,any ideas as what the T.E. Co. stands for.
Thanks.
ImageImage

That's a beautiful trench watch! Was the dial relumed or still original? The sterling case is in excellent condition as well. I have a 1918 Illinois trench with grill in the same style case. I also really like your strap, where did you purchase it from?

Jon
"A Minute of Care is Worth an Hour of Repair" circa 1930.

User avatar
GLADIATOR
Posts: 2666
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:32 am
Location: Spain - Costa Blanca

Re: 1917 Waltham Depollier Khaki information.

#6 Post by GLADIATOR » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:21 am

Illinois281989 wrote:
JOSE G wrote:I have this watch and have tried to look up some info. about the owner and the Co.
So far I have come up with nothing,any ideas as what the T.E. Co. stands for.
Thanks.
ImageImage

That's a beautiful trench watch! Was the dial relumed or still original? The sterling case is in excellent condition as well. I have a 1918 Illinois trench with grill in the same style case. I also really like your strap, where did you purchase it from?

Jon
Dial looks original lume, but a close up shot would help.
"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."
NAWCC seeks to encourage and stimulate interest in the art and science of timekeeping. http://www.nawcc.org
Adam R Harris

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest