Vintage Waltham Watch Discussion Forum
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am a bit baffled as to what movement I have. The serial number indicates it is a 12 size. It is in a 0 size case. The movement measures approximately 26.90MM I could use your help. The case is dated to 1923 the movement serial number is dated to 1928. I would love some help.
- Close Up.jpg (100.64 KiB) Viewed 417 times
- Dial.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 417 times
- Inside Cover.jpg (128.71 KiB) Viewed 417 times
- Cover Inside.JPG (78.28 KiB) Viewed 417 times
- Side by Side.jpg (110.11 KiB) Viewed 417 times
- Compete Watch.JPG (83.46 KiB) Viewed 417 times
- Movement.JPG (119.15 KiB) Viewed 417 times
Clearly this is one of those instances where the serial number list is wrong. Your movement appears to be their 1907-model 3/0 movement. The 5-year difference between the case hallmark and the movement age might indicate a replacement movement, or perhaps the case was just unused until later.
What a beauty. Although we don't know the details of the journey, that's a fitting home. I'll admit to being biased since anyone who spends time in the Waltham forum already knows how I feel about Riversides. I've long thought about trying my hand at modding an odd hunter case into a demi-hunter like these. Thanks for the nice photos. Joel
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest