Fred's New Book Set

Vintage Waltham Watch Discussion Forum
Air

Fred's New Book Set

#1 Post by Air » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:37 pm

I originally posted this in the Elgin forum, but after input from others I am also posting it here in this forum:

Just wanted to mention Fred Friedberg's new book set on the Illinois Watch Co., because I think it is one of the most important books ever published on wristwatches. It is as relevant to this forum as it is to the Elgin forum.

A watch is only a timepiece, until it has a backstory. The backstory is what adds the value. Fred's voluminous history presents that backstory, not only behind Illinois' watches, but also the details of wristwatch history of the 1920's and 1930's. Many consider this the sweet spot (or sweet era) for wristwatch collecting, when American manufacturers offered the most attractive and varied watches ever produced. Fred's research describes the era thoroughly. For anyone, who collects watches of this time period (or any time period for that matter), this set is a great investment: Probably the best investment any watch collector can make in support of his or her collection.

FJF

Re: Fred's New Book Set

#2 Post by FJF » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:46 am

Thank you Bob,

I have some very exciting news to report. This week the FIRST FINAL published book set arrived at my home. The remainder of the 1000s of books will arrive via container ship. At this moment, I do not know its schedule.

Please look at my Facebook business page Vintage Deco Illinois Watches to view the posted UNBOXING of Book Set #001. More professional images of the book set will be appear in subsequent postings there.

Thanks you for your support and patience.
FJF

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5540961765

FJF

#3 Post by FJF » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Please use this revised link for my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Vintage-Deco-I ... 540961765/

Thank you,
FJF

FJF

#4 Post by FJF » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi All,

I would like to provide several updates concerning my new books:

1. I recently scrubbed my order data base and learned that there are five Limited Edition Book Sets that will be signed and numbered still available for sale. These will all be sold at the $175.00 per book set price, plus $35.00 for shipping. This is $120.00 less than their $295.00 retail price.

2. Once the five Limited Edition Book Sets are sold, I will offer signed only ( unnumbered) book sets for sale at the same price noted above.

3. Once all the book sets arrive in the United States, I will offer signed book sets only ( unnumbered) for sale for at least $200.00 per book set, plus $35.00 for shipping.

4. According to the publisher the printed book sets should arrive in the United States on or about April 23, 2018.

5. This week, I hope to replace the sample pages of the books on my website with actual images of the printed pages from the books.

6. To order the book set please do so on my website at Illinoiswatches.com.

7. Yes, I did correctly type April 23, 2018 above!!!

I thank everyone for their patience.

FJF