any information and dating appreciated

Vintage Pocket Watch Discussion Forum
cypressgreen

any information and dating appreciated

#1 Post by cypressgreen » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 pm

I'm new at this...posting in a few places with different family watches! Haven't had much luck with my own research.

1. I want to figure out an approximate date for this watch so I can determine if it belonged to my grandfather or great-grandfather. Grandma left behind a bijou watch (I have yet to post but will today) that she specifically labeled as belonging to her mother, who died in 1912. This watch came to me with no notations from her, so I don't know if it belonged to her father or her husband.

2. The watch case is the same design on both sides.

3. FYI, I already posted pictures of a diamond women's Hamilton watch in that ID forum. This also came from my grandmother and belonged to her sister.

4. I'm wondering if this watch is worth anything beyond sentimental value and if it is worth having it fixed.

5. One paper says Monarch and one Montauk, which I understand are probably actually two different models? I see the patent date on the paper. However, I know patent dates are not the same as manufacture dates.

6. I cannot read everything imprinted on all the watches. Even with reading glasses and a magnifying glass, some of it is just too small for me.
Attachments
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG (646.3 KiB) Viewed 329 times
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG (241.55 KiB) Viewed 329 times
IMG_3486.JPG
IMG_3486.JPG (565.69 KiB) Viewed 329 times
IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG (350.98 KiB) Viewed 329 times
IMG_3488.JPG
IMG_3488.JPG (667.04 KiB) Viewed 329 times
"I love dead people. In fact, I come from a long line of dead people."

afire

Re: any information and dating appreciated

#2 Post by afire » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:42 am

I don't have much to contribute other than to say that the watch and box (or at least the papers) don't go together. That's not a Fahys gold filled case.
Real men wear small watches.