Redial...

Vintage Gruen Watch Discussion Forum
cmoy

Redial...

#1 Post by cmoy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am

Any suggestions to where I can have this redial redialed? :D Any specific redialer who specializes in Curvex's? BTW the case #'s are 330-292 serial #520890.

I believe it should look like this. Thanks guys!
Photo taken from Art Deco Wristwatches
Chris

MikeTheWatchGuy

Re: Redial...

#2 Post by MikeTheWatchGuy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 am

International Dial has done a ton of Gruen Curvexes and other Gruens. They even recently created a brand new die for a Gruen collector's Quadron. That takes dedication to the art is how I see it. They are the most economical, especially for watches (like I have) that aren't worth much to begin with.

If you want to go higher end, the Kirk Rich, Kirk Dial in Seattle, I've used Kirk of Atlanta before, etc, are where you can go as an alternative. Folks with high end Rolexes and the like go to all of these I've listed including International. I do all my biz with International. You can read various pros and cons of each of these at WatchUSeek, on the GruenWristwatches forum, etc.

After looking at your collection Chris, I would really enjoy seeing you over at GruenWristwatches every now and then with a post of your amazing pictures. They would help the Models forum add even more great REFERENCE pictures for people. You'll also find a lot of examples of International Dial work there.

cmoy

Re: Redial...

#3 Post by cmoy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks for the info Mike! Really appreciate it!

Thanks for the kind words on my collection and photos! I will definitely stop by!
Chris