Newbie, Need Help ID Accutron Bulova.

Vintage Bulova Watch Discussion Forum
iceman15658

Newbie, Need Help ID Accutron Bulova.

#1 Post by iceman15658 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Hello, Hope everybody is well. I am Joe, a 29 year old guy from PA. A few years ago I helped out an old gentleman with some labor work and insisted that I take this watch and an Octagonal Elgin Pocket Watch as payment (even though the work wasn't much). After hesitating I did accept it. I am now looking to get rid of some odds and ends and this is one of them. I know absolutely nothing about watches, but my impression tells me this is a working mans model and holds little to no value. But as a card collector I know small things can make a big difference, So I have to ask lol. It does have an FOE (Fraternal Order Of Eagles) image on the face. Says Accutron on the face but Bulova on the back. I would love to hear what the knowledgeable community on here has to say. Thanks very much for your time. Joe
Attachments
2017-01-12 14.34.58.jpg
2017-01-12 14.34.58.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 531 times
2017-01-12 14.38.01.jpg
2017-01-12 14.38.01.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 531 times

JerseyMo

Re: Newbie, Need Help ID Accutron Bulova.

#2 Post by JerseyMo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:41 am

As an EBay seller myself, I can tell you the N4 on the case back dates the watch to 1974. I have sold many Accutron watches which ranged between 75 -125 range. Those that went above would have asymmetrical shaped cases. Such as the "Football" model.

Can't say if the logo would add or subtract to the selling prices. But it is an interesting addition and perhaps if included in the description may attract a collector of that organization. Here is the official sight - https://www.foe.com/

Of course running condition is very important and will impact the sale. You can check EBay recent sales with the "sold" filter to get a ball park sense as to what
the watch may sell for. As with any auction or sale it does all depend on who is in the market at the time.

You may also want to check out forums that are more Bulova oriented for more information. Good luck, and welcome to vintage watch collecting.

JM
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”

iceman15658

Re: Newbie, Need Help ID Accutron Bulova.

#3 Post by iceman15658 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 am

Thanks JerseyMo for the information, I really appreciate you taking the time to help a guy out. I try and do the same thing for new guys on baseball card forums I belong to. I'll take your advice and go look on ebay. I have been a member since 1998 and never knew you could see closed auctions lol! I guess today is the day that I find out how to do it. Enjoy your day and thanks again. Joe