Bulova Accutron 2183 Lady's wristwatch

Vintage Bulova Watch Discussion Forum
k24556

Bulova Accutron 2183 Lady's wristwatch

#1 Post by k24556 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:48 am

Hello everyone, my first post here. I've taken up collecting Accutrons

I'm bringing a 1971 Lady's wristwatch with a 2183 movement back to life. I'm needing a fresh crystal and a case gasket. If anyone could respond with the Bulova part numbers, and possibly a source, I would appreciate. The gasket measures 30.35 mm OD, 2mm wide, and .36mm thick. The crystal is 21.33 OD and 3.39 mm high. I have two of these watches, so if anyone has access to a parts list I would appreciate a copy. Also, if anyone has any info on this watch, such as an advertisement, that would be appreciated, as this one is going into the collection.
Attachments
IMG_3552.JPG
IMG_3552.JPG (228.28 KiB) Viewed 900 times

prospex

Re: Bulova Accutron 2183 Lady's wristwatch

#2 Post by prospex » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:39 am

If I were you I would just buy a crystal and gasket from general brands. You don't need original bulova parts for these as they're not necessarily bulova OEM.

It's not like the Omega crystals which are marked in the center... Just saying. You'd find them faster and cheaper probably.

billytorrow

#3 Post by billytorrow » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:03 pm

prospex wrote:If I were you I would just buy a crystal and gasket from general brands. You don't need original bulova parts for these as they're not necessarily bulova OEM.

It's not like the Omega crystals which are marked in the center... Just saying. You'd find them faster and cheaper probably.
Omega crystals scratch repair can not remove cracks! All curved Accutron and Omega crystals are very plastic. Crystals - it is mineral crystal. Plastic Omega crystals can successfully be polished to remove scratches. I founde all models Bulova Accutron 2183 Lady's here http://picclick.ca/Vintage-BULOVA-Accut ... 89889.html. And here is good article with examples new models http://jonsguide.org/best-top-bulova-pr ... s-reviews/

Captain Crandall

#4 Post by Captain Crandall » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:41 pm

I would go ask in the Accutron forum at "watch talk forum" which crystal P/N do you need for a B-3022 case and once you have that do a search on ebay for the crystal P/N, I'm willing to bet you'll find a OEM crystal fairly easily there because that is how my friend finds OEM crystals for Bulova watches all the time.

Good luck
PJ
For Accutron 214 Info, Facts, video and much more visit my good friends at
http://accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
A Troll Free Zone !