WTB: Bulova Doctor Case

Vintage Bulova Watch Discussion Forum
mldenison

WTB: Bulova Doctor Case

#1 Post by mldenison » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:52 am

I just got a 1941 Bulova Doctor/Surgeon watch where one of the lugs is partially broken off. Someone in the past had drilled out the holes in both lugs on one end of the case causing the end of one lug to break off. The holes are now too big for a spring bar to stay in place. The case is yellow gold filled and 25mm square. The movement is a 10AX. I'd like to find a case, preferably with a good crystal.

Thanks,

Mort in York, PA
Attachments
Front2.JPG
Front2.JPG (122.28 KiB) Viewed 954 times

afire

Re: WTB: Bulova Doctor Case

#2 Post by afire » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Can you post a pic of the damaged lug? I've had lug repairs done by my local goldsmith/custom jeweler.
Real men wear small watches.

mldenison

#3 Post by mldenison » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:54 pm

I got some oversize spring bars in the mail today from a friend. They're working well on the case. I don't think it would be worth having the lug repaired as I was looking at the case this afternoon using my magnifier and the gold plating has flaked off in places. I'm going to keep looking for a good case.

I appreciate the idea. I had used a jeweler here that does that micro laser work. If the case was any dood, he said he could do it. It's kind of pricey though.

mldenison

#4 Post by mldenison » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:33 am

I found one folks!

afire

#5 Post by afire » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:56 am

Congrats. That seems improbable to me and in such short order to boot. I'm thinking you should buy a lottery ticket while your luck is so strong. :lol:
Real men wear small watches.

mldenison

#6 Post by mldenison » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:08 am

Which reminds me - A guy's wife told her husband that if he ever won the lottery, she'd take half and leave him. He came home one day and told her to start packing, pulled out his wallet and said "I won $6 dollars today. Here's your $3."

Captain Crandall

#7 Post by Captain Crandall » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:43 pm

mldenison wrote:Which reminds me - A guy's wife told her husband that if he ever won the lottery, she'd take half and leave him. He came home one day and told her to start packing, pulled out his wallet and said "I won $6 dollars today. Here's your $3."
LOL did she leave ?
For Accutron 214 Info, Facts, video and much more visit my good friends at
http://accutronfacts.freeforums.net/
A Troll Free Zone !