Bulova advertisement

Vintage Bulova Watch Discussion Forum
eclecticfunk

Bulova advertisement

#1 Post by eclecticfunk » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:08 am

I picked this up recently. It is not in perfect condition, but it was too cool not to go ahead and pick up.
It is a cardboard advertising piece.
Attachments
IMG_20160803_121741.jpg
IMG_20160803_121741.jpg (319.67 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
~in search of the funky, the clunky, and the junky

retroworx

Re: Bulova advertisement

#2 Post by retroworx » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Sweet! I'm a big fan of watch ephemera.
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

Movintage

#3 Post by Movintage » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:50 pm

retroworx wrote:Sweet! I'm a big fan of watch ephemera.
Another reason I love this forum. In the short time since I've joined, I've not only learned so much about vintage watches from our great members who openly and readily share their knowledge, but I'm also increasing my vocabulary too ;)

stryfox

#4 Post by stryfox » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:52 pm

I had to look up ephemera.
Not a word we throw around in Philadelphia too often. Lol

inatime

#5 Post by inatime » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Love this stuff. Don't come across this stuff often here in Canada.

Where did you source this? If eBay, what are the key word searches? Sorry if we compete for the same stuff. :twisted:
Patrick

retroworx

#6 Post by retroworx » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:35 am

Movintage wrote:Another reason I love this forum. In the short time since I've joined, I've not only learned so much about vintage watches from our great members who openly and readily share their knowledge, but I'm also increasing my vocabulary too ;)
stryfox wrote:I had to look up ephemera. Not a word we throw around in Philadelphia too often. Lol
Sorry, Guys! Didn't mean to stump ya'. :lol:
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

eclecticfunk

#7 Post by eclecticfunk » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:03 pm

inatime wrote:Love this stuff. Don't come across this stuff often here in Canada.

Where did you source this? If eBay, what are the key word searches? Sorry if we compete for the same stuff. :twisted:
Actually, I found this on a road trip. Once a year I go on a road trip with friends, and this was one of the things I found. My favorite pastime is to find different objects that "normal" people would have thrown out, but for some reason or another, someone didn't.

Example: I have a soda cardboard sign that came to me because a lady bought an old house. In the kitchen behind the refrigerator someone back in the early 1950's had taken a soda cardboard sign, flipped it where the backside faced outward and nailed it up to cover up a hole in the wall. When the lady wanted to remodel, she removed the nails and got a big surprise when she turned the cardboard over. It was in great condition except for the nail holes. Would I have nailed something like this up? No! Was it a shame that it had a few nail holes in the edges? Yes! But I look at it like this. If someone hadn't nailed it up in the first place, it would have been thrown away 65 years ago, as most of them were.

The items we collect, good. The hunt, great. The stories behind the items, priceless! Don't you just love it when ever so often, you get the story with the item!
~in search of the funky, the clunky, and the junky

JerseyMo

#8 Post by JerseyMo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:23 pm

retroworx wrote:Sorry, Guys! Didn't mean to stump ya'. :lol:
It could be stated that you do have a proclivity to do just that. :)
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”

inatime

#9 Post by inatime » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:54 pm

eclecticfunk wrote: Don't you just love it when ever so often, you get the story with the item!
Yup! :D
Patrick