Vintage Watch Forums

Vintage Collector’s Site for Discussion
Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bubbles automatic 21 jewels japan made.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:33 pm 

Hi im new to automatic watches just started to collect them mostly the cheaper HMT and a few Roamers,I just got a watch from Ebay that i can find no info for at all, its a Rolex Day-Date look a like that says Bubbles on the front and back, also says Japan made 21 jewels has a screw down crown and seems to be very well made is heavy and keeps great time, i sure its not worth much i just can find no info on this brand of watch. any help at all would be great thanks! Oh, i will try to get some pictures up later.

Post subject: Re: Bubbles
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:12 pm 

Yes pictures would help ... include a shot of the movement too!

Also, if not clearly legible in the shots, any code#s on dial or case-back (inner as well as outer) would possibly be some help.

I have never heard of "Bubbles" branded watches either in my studies of Japanese made watches...

Post subject: Re: Bubbles automatic 21 jewels japan made.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:34 pm 

Thank you Ninja01, i cant seem to post pics i will keep trying.

Attachments:
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg [ 1 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg [ 187.38 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]

Post subject: Re: Pics
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 pm 

OK, I do see the pic of the front now ... from what I see, I'm going to guess this is a Hong Kong made watch. Note that the dial says "Japan Movt" implying that the movement was indeed bought from a Japanese firm but, the watch (casing) may well not be Japanese & the watch (as a whole) not assembled in Japan. Depending on when this was actually made, it could have a Miyota movement inside, and have a case made in Hong Kong. Production costs were cheaper in Hong Kong than in Japan itself at some point (late '70s??)... and I suspect this would have been a "lower priced" item at the time it was produced for retail sale.

Even if you can't show pics of the case-back and the movement, you can just type in any code#s & text you see there into a follow-on post & I'll try to see if it will be helpful in determining more precisely what this is.

Post subject: Re: Bubbles automatic 21 jewels japan made.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:07 pm 

Thank you very much Ninja1,I think you are right about it being Hong Kong made with a Japan movement that may be why i cant find much info on it online.I hope it is a Miyota movt as it seems to keep great time.The case-back has no codes or numbers just the name and 21 jewels,I will try to get a picture of the movement. thanks again for all your help.