Plez Help ID Odd Benrus?

Vintage Misc Watch Discussion Forum
Movintage

Plez Help ID Odd Benrus?

#1 Post by Movintage » Fri May 11, 2018 5:23 am

I'm hoping the collective wisdom of the forum can assist me to ID this odd Benrus. This sq case stepped lug watch caught my eye in a Swap Shop the other day and upon closer inspection the dial cinched the purchase, along with what I considered a good price. The dial at 12 says, Benrus with the word Movement underneath which I have never seen before and can't find a picture of. At 6 is the seconds hand in a gold indexed disc. The indices are all gold applied numerals (12,2,4,8 & 10) with the rest sticks. Inside the zero of the 10 is a distinct black circle. The inside case markings say, id watch case co. The case back says 10k RGP bezel and also has the "id" co marking. The movt says, Eskd watch Co., 15J, unadjusted Swiss. No serial number or other markings.
Below are pics of the dial, movt and inside case back.
TIA, all the best
Benrus movt Dial.jpg
Benrus movt Dial.jpg (96.18 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Benrus movt dial-Movt pic (Eskd WQatch co.).jpg
Benrus movt dial-Movt pic (Eskd WQatch co.).jpg (96.78 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Attachments
Benrus movt Case back (inside- id Case co).jpg
Benrus movt Case back (inside- id Case co).jpg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 407 times

Movintage

Re: Plez Help ID Odd Benrus?

#2 Post by Movintage » Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 am

Thank you afire! The look is what caught my eye, it’s in very good condition dial, case, and movt. It was very inexpensive so I’d call it a home run! I’m thinking 1950s?

afire

Re: Plez Help ID Odd Benrus?

#3 Post by afire » Fri May 11, 2018 8:21 am

Movintage wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:23 am
The dial at 12 says, Benrus with the word Movement underneath which I have never seen before and can't find a picture of.
ID made a lot of cases for aftermarket use. Sometimes the cases were intended to be used for a particular brand, and would include a dial that that reflected the brand, but added the word "movement" to indicate that it was only the movement that was that brand. So, it is a recase, but yours is a double whammy in that the movement is also not Benrus. Evidently, somebody paired and Eska movement with an ID case that was intended to be used with a Benrus movement. But a nice looking watch is a nice looking watch, whatever's under the hood.
Real men wear small watches.