Sistema Brevettato Pocket watch

Vintage European Watch Discussion Forum
Mike

Sistema Brevettato Pocket watch

#1 Post by Mike » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 am

pocket watch.jpg
pocket watch.jpg (130.88 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Good day all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with some information.

I inherited a pocket watch a few years ago from my father. He had inherited it many years before from his father. It is a Sistema Brevettato in silver (0.800). The numerals change when a small button is pressed. The only information I've been able to find is the same watch (in rose gold as opposed to silver) from an auction in 2015 in Berlin. They do not disclose the sale price. The listing referred to it as a rare plate watch with jumping hour. They suggest it's Swiss and from approx. 1910.

Any help with information and possible value would be appreciated. I haven't had the watch cleaned or serviced and in fact I'm not sure if I should. I did wind it up a little just to see if it would run and it seemed to keep good time.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,

Mike

Tank

Re: Sistema Brevettato Pocket watch

#2 Post by Tank » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

That's an interesting watch. I like the jump hour dial.

You will need to open the back of the watch and post a picture of the movement. A serial number on the movement will tell more about the watch. There may also be numbers in the case back that might help.

Allen

Mike

Re: Sistema Brevettato Pocket watch

#3 Post by Mike » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 am

Hi Allen,

I've opened the watch and after opening the outer case there is a number at the bottom which is 62560. Directly below that is the number 31. At the top at the 12 position is the number 5 and 10 position is 0.800.

When I open the inner case the number 62560 is at the bottom and it almost appears as though this is signed with initials but it's hard to tell. Below that is a cross (swiss?) and under the cross the number 7198.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures which I hope help.

Cheers,

Mike
inner case.jpg
inner case.jpg (76.09 KiB) Viewed 119 times
watch movement.jpg
watch movement.jpg (133.36 KiB) Viewed 119 times