Vintage Zenith Special

Vintage European Watch Discussion Forum
river rat

Vintage Zenith Special

#1 Post by river rat » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Been a few years since I posted any thing here on the forum. I picked up this rare Zenith Special manufacture date 1931, Case size 40mm with 22mm wire luge with beveled crystal with moveable pointer bezel for use with navigation, has a Zenith caliber 15 NSI movement that has 15 jewels and Breguet-over coil balance spring with disc index regulator, with second back glass cover for dust protection, tall onion crown to make it easy to use with flight gloves. A really early pilot watch from the days of early aviation. Did not know if this belong in the military section or here.
Some info I got from Zenith
I got this from a collector in the Czech Republic that has a collection that is out of this world was lucky he was willing to sell me this one. I love watches with history if only this Pilot watch could talk it would have stories to tell. I am slowing down but was talking to another collector that collects old cars and motorcycles he said it's not the money there worth is that we are care takers of these things vintage we collect we should continue on there are still deals if we look for them I was thinking of quitting this hobby after this one . I did get a deal on this watch so maybe I will still keep collecting.