RAF version Pierce Chronograph.

Vintage European Watch Discussion Forum
Flatfoot106

RAF version Pierce Chronograph.

#1 Post by Flatfoot106 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:08 pm

I recently picked up an RAF (Miles) version of the single pusher Pierce Chronograph. It was able to keep time when I first purchased it but after a short drop it no longer works. I am looking for a repair person that can service these. I am finding out that not too many people want to work on these watches. I want to get the watch working again and maybe even a light rest. It is engraved on the back and I found out that it belonged to a Navy corpsman who landed at Normandy during D-day invasions and also landed at Okinawa in the Pacific. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am not a too knowledgeable watch person, I just like watches with history.

afire

Re: RAF version Pierce Chronograph.

#2 Post by afire » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Try searching here and you may find somebody in your area:

https://members.awci.com/AWCIWEB/AWCISe ... earch.aspx

It seems like there is enough better paying work with modern luxury watches for the small pool of professional watchmakers that most aren't dying to take on $100-$200 finicky vintage projects, but there are enough who will.
Real men wear small watches.

HamiltonIllinois

Re: RAF version Pierce Chronograph.

#3 Post by HamiltonIllinois » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:50 pm

I own quite a few Pierce chronos. There was a time when I had a person who was willing to work of them, but those days have passed. The clutch gives most repairmen fits. Good luck!
Rick
scio me nihil scire or scio me nescire