New Purchase Rolex DJ

Vintage Rolex Watch Discussion Forum
peterds2

New Purchase Rolex DJ

#1 Post by peterds2 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 am

Hi,

I am new here, and also new to Vintage watches. I am really happy to be a member here and hope to learn, and in time, contribute whatever I can.

I just purchased my very first vintage Datejust, and would be very appreciative if anyone with an expertise in them and take a look and advise whether its completely legit! Thanks
Attachments
1_DSC8512.JPG
1_DSC8512.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 804 times
2_DSC8508.JPG
2_DSC8508.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 804 times
3_DSC8511.JPG
3_DSC8511.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 804 times
IMG_1559.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG (2.51 MiB) Viewed 804 times

peterds2

Re: New Purchase Rolex DJ

#2 Post by peterds2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:56 am

No one? please share your thought :-)

GreenBayStamps

#3 Post by GreenBayStamps » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:18 am

Great looking watch, welcome to the forum. There tends to be more discussion about American made watches. However there is a group of individuals that have Rolexs. I think with the holidays people may be away from the site. Give it some time, I'm sure someone will pipe in soon enough!

The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are, but in which direction we are moving. – Oliver Wendall Holmes

peterds2

#4 Post by peterds2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:21 am

GreenBayStamps wrote:Great looking watch, welcome to the forum. There tends to be more discussion about American made watches. However there is a group of individuals that have Rolexs. I think with the holidays people may be away from the site. Give it some time, I'm sure someone will pipe in soon enough!
Oh I see... Thanks

randy van

#5 Post by randy van » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:00 am

I'm not a Rolex expert, but have owned several over the years. In fact, yours looks identical to my first Rolex DateJust purchased retail in about 1983 in a jewelry store in LA. Wore it daily for several years, ended up trading it for some vintage watches in the late 1980's. Rolexes have to be the most common faked watches, and I don't think anyone can ascertain the legitimacy by looking at photos. I would recommend you take it to a Rolex dealer in your area and have it examined for authenticity.

peterds2

#6 Post by peterds2 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:31 am

randy van wrote:I'm not a Rolex expert, but have owned several over the years. In fact, yours looks identical to my first Rolex DateJust purchased retail in about 1983 in a jewelry store in LA. Wore it daily for several years, ended up trading it for some vintage watches in the late 1980's. Rolexes have to be the most common faked watches, and I don't think anyone can ascertain the legitimacy by looking at photos. I would recommend you take it to a Rolex dealer in your area and have it examined for authenticity.
Thanks. I agree, I just want to be sure the DIAL is not retouched in any way, the case movement etc seem to be fine.