Is it badly broke?

Vintage Rolex Watch Discussion Forum
PaddyMac

Is it badly broke?

#1 Post by PaddyMac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi everyone....I'm new to the group and just wanted to say a quick hello. I wouldn't call myself a collector but someone who has a great appreciation of old watch's even though I don't know much about them I hope to avail of yer expertise in this area(hopefully).
I do have the pleasure of owning a vintage Rolex and vintage Enicar and vintage Poljot though, which I will post pics of later.

The rolex is an (1944) Rolex Oyster Perpetual 6567 S/S. When I wind it the second hand moves ok but when you tip it sideways the hour hand moves a couple of spaces. I'm not sure if the hands can come loose or if something more serious is broke inside it causing the hand to move on it's own.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

afire

Re: Is it badly broke?

#2 Post by afire » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:36 am

Doesn't sound serious to me. Loose hand, maybe loose canon pinion. It may need a trip to the watchmaker, but I doubt it'll be a big deal.
Real men wear small watches.

PaddyMac

Re: Is it badly broke?

#3 Post by PaddyMac » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:39 am

afire wrote:Doesn't sound serious to me. Loose hand, maybe loose canon pinion. It may need a trip to the watchmaker, but I doubt it'll be a big deal.
Thanks AFIRE... it was left to me and to be honest there is nowhere local to bring it bar up to the city (Dubin/Galway) where they charge to look then charge to fix and when I got it fixed last time it cost near £300. I value the sentimental ownership and love old watches but have small pockets lol......