differences in same seamaster cosmic?

Vintage Omega Watch Discussion Forum
Stijnemans90

differences in same seamaster cosmic?

#1 Post by Stijnemans90 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:17 am

Dear all,

I was hoping whether I could get some advice from you all regarding a Omega Seamaster Cosmic I am envisaged to buy.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/seamas ... 284031.htm

I noted this gold plated watch at a juweler in Amsterdam, which seems to me like a seller I can trust. It also seems to be in good shape and the seller ensured me that everything of the watch was original (allthough there is no official paper work to confirm such).

However, I noted the same watch elsewhere from a non-professional seller, which is only different in the fact that the day date is in English, instead of in French as is in the watch from the jeweler in Amsterdam.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/seamas ... 861129.htm

However, I noted another difference which feels strange to me. The second watch has on his back side an inscription of the seamaster logo, together with a code that seems to be some sort of serial code. These inscriptions do not appear on the back side of the first watch from the jeweler.

I find it strange that two watches who seem to be the same and from the same era, have two difference back sides. Might it be possible that either one of them has some non-original parts in or on it?

I hope someone might comment thereon.

Thanks!

SFC

Re: differences in same seamaster cosmic?

#2 Post by SFC » Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi, I don't see any issues with the cases. Both look to be genuine watches. They are both one piece cases but are not the exact same case...if you notice one of them has hooded lugs and the other doesn't. That may account for one having the seamaster engraving on the back and the other being plain. And to be honest even if they were the exact same case the presence or absence of the seamaster engraving would be more of a curiosity and to me not a red flag. Hope this helps.

watchrules4me2

Re: differences in same seamaster cosmic?

#3 Post by watchrules4me2 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:08 pm

the only parts would be the movement and you can see it clearly. It just looks like it needs a cleaning (795.00) - I have sold many seamasters, some have this logo, some do not. One year can make a huge difference. Here is a steel with the logo.

If you but this for 4795 you are in at a high price. It looks legit to me and I would not worry at all. just make sure it is warranteed to run. One day get it cleaned.

Here is a steel with the logo. I love the logo on a seamaster, I would take the logo model all day long vs no logo

http://www.portero.com/1960-s-omega-vin ... less-steel