Legendary Omega La Magique, VERY RARE! Only 261 made - Need help, needs repair

Vintage Omega Watch Discussion Forum
Proxima8624

Legendary Omega La Magique, VERY RARE! Only 261 made - Need help, needs repair

#1 Post by Proxima8624 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 pm

I have come across a very VERY rare all original Omega La Magique 18K Gold wrist watch. It is commonly referred to as the "Phantom Watch" as only 261 of them were made and rarely comes out of the cracks. It's one of the thinnest watches in the world! It is unfortunately in NON-WORKING order. Upon proper research and opening of this watch i have discovered the case was put together improperly and a few things have been damaged. I am seller of watches and am absolutely heartbroken as to the previous owners misuse as it appears he tried to replace the battery and did more harm than good. I am hoping to find someone that can either get replacement parts or would be interested in acquiring this absolutely rare watch.

Tags:

JerseyMo

Re: Legendary Omega La Magique, VERY RARE! Only 261 made - Need help, needs repair

#2 Post by JerseyMo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 am

that was the watch worn by Tony Montana in the 1983 remake of Scar Face. Al Pacino spent time in Union City NJ to learn the Cuban American accent for the film. At the time Union City was home to the largest Cuban population in the US and has the nick name of Havana on the Hudson. The city gets its name in 1925 when West Hoboken merges with Union Hill to form Union City. Today the high school which also was a merger of Emerson and Union Hill public schools, has the distinction of having a football field on the roof! There is a great hand rolled cigar store just across the street from it! So if anyone is in the area let me know and I'll take you for a tour and maybe light up a few!
"Say hello to my little friend"
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”

JerseyMo

Re: Legendary Omega La Magique, VERY RARE! Only 261 made - Need help, needs repair

#3 Post by JerseyMo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:44 am

revision - Union City was second largest Cuban American population - Miami was number one
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”