Re: FRED'S NEW BOOK IS HERE!!! NEW UPDATE

#41 Post by FJF » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank you very much Adam.
FJF

FJF

#42 Post by FJF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi All,

As an update, there are now less than 50 Limited Edition Book Sets available that will be hand numbered and signed by me, at their current special price. My thanks and gratitude to all here that have ordered the book set.

Once the rest of the Limited Edition is fully subscribed, the book set price will rise; and, they will no longer be numbered and signed.

If you lack funds at this time, and want the books, I will gladly reserve a Limited Edition set for you ( I have done this for others). However, of course, reserved books will not ship until payment is received.

To read the Table of Contents, Introduction and sample pages of the book set please see my website Illinoiswatches.com.

If you have been waiting to place your order now is a good time to do so.

Thank you,
FJF

FJF

#43 Post by FJF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi All,

Please look at the home page of my website illinoiswatches.com to see what the final book set will look like (without its slip case).

BTW, kindly note that I am now offering for sale on my site dials, cases and ephemera from my personal collection. I will soon add select NOS parts as well in their original Illinois Watch Company packaging.

Thank you,
FJF

Acesty6

#44 Post by Acesty6 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:27 pm

wow its great cant wait too read it already it is s superb kind of book though very nice and informative know wonder it is made by love.

FJF

#45 Post by FJF » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Thank you for your kind comments acesty6.
FJF

FJF

#46 Post by FJF » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi All,

As a brief update, there are now only 10 prepublication Limited Edition Book Sets that will be hand signed and numbered by me still available. Once they are gone, I will raise my price for the book set to at least $200.00 plus S&H (and they will not be numbered).

Thanks to all of you on this Forum who have already ordered a set.

For those of you that have not ordered my books yet, I look forward to your orders.

Thank you,
FJF

GJH

#47 Post by GJH » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm

FJF wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:51 pm
Hi All,
As a brief update, there are now only 10 prepublication Limited Edition Book Sets that will be hand signed and numbered by me still available. Once they are gone, I will raise my price for the book set to at least $200.00 plus S&H (and they will not be numbered).
Thanks to all of you on this Forum who have already ordered a set.
For those of you that have not ordered my books yet, I look forward to your orders.
Thank you,
FJF
Fantastic Fred! Glad to see that the special books sold so quickly.

ONLY 10 left folks... don't make me buy them all up because if you
want one later signed, it is gonna say: "To my good friend Greg on it."

Congrats Fred!!
Moderator Illinois Watch Forum
Still, Just living in Rick's world...

Magpie

#48 Post by Magpie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 pm

New update: When a friend of our asked us to order one of the Limited Edition sets for him today, we contacted Fred to find out whether there were any still available. WHEW, we barely got there in time! Now that we've ordered one for our friend, there are only FOUR sets left!

In case you didn't see Fred's post on the Hamilton forum a couple of days ago, here's the good news he shared there about the books:
The publisher has advised that all the pages are printed. One set was first prepared hand bound (you can see it on my home page website Illinoiswatches.com), to be enable the printer and publisher to accurately design and build the slip case. Then I spotted an error on the first set so all the covers had to be reprinted . Now, they are stitching and reenforcing the binding on all five volumes. This is a massive undertaking, as it is five volumes plus the slip case.

I expect to see the actual books by the end of this month or early next month. No one is more anxious than me to have them in hand.

Paleotime

#49 Post by Paleotime » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:11 am

Maybe only three...Since I finalized my order yesterday afternoon. Thanks Fred - it was a pleasure making your acquaintance (albeit by email).
"Percentage players die broke too..." - Fast Eddie in the Hustler

FJF

#50 Post by FJF » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi All,

I would like to note that it is unlikely that all the people that have reserved the Limited Edition will pay for it, unfortunately.
Therefore, I am still accepting a certain number of orders for the Limited Edition, before I close sales for it.

Once the sales for the Limited Edition closes, my price for the book set will rise to at least $200.00 per set. The book set will retail for $295.00, not including shipping.

Thanks for your interest.
FJF