FRED'S NEW BOOK IS HERE!!! NEW UPDATE

Vintage Illinois Watch Discussion Forum
FJF

Re: FRED'S NEW BOOK IS HERE!!! NEW UPDATE

#61 Post by FJF » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi All,

I would like to provide several updates concerning my new books:

1. I recently scrubbed my order data base and learned that there are five Limited Edition Book Sets that will be signed and numbered still available for sale. These will all be sold at the $175.00 per book set price, plus $35.00 for shipping. This is $120.00 less than their $295.00 retail price.

2. Once the five Limited Edition Book Sets are sold, I will offer signed only ( unnumbered) book sets for sale at the same price noted above.

3. Once all the book sets arrive in the United States, I will offer signed book sets only ( unnumbered) for sale for at least $200.00 per book set, plus $35.00 for shipping.

4. According to the publisher the printed book sets should arrive in the United States on or about April 23, 2018.

5. This week, I hope to replace the sample pages of the books on my website with actual images of the printed pages from the books.

6. To order the book set please do so on my website at Illinoiswatches.com.

7. Yes, I did correctly type April 23, 2018 above!!!

I thank everyone for their patience.

FJF

randy van

#62 Post by randy van » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Illinois fans: I was in Fred's neighborhood this morning and stopped by his house to say hi. I was able to take a good look at "The Book Set". I want everyone to know that I expected a very high quality product (don't tell him I told you this, but Fred is a a bit of a perfectionist). I am happy to report that the books exceeded all my expectations! Wow. Everything about the book set is amazingly high quality and beautiful - starting with the box, the book covers, the photography throughout is amazing, the printing is a very high quality. When those that ordered this book receive their copies, they will be blown away. I have never seen anything like this before.

randy van

#63 Post by randy van » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:06 am

To follow yesterday's post, here is a pic of one of the books, with the box in the foreground. Unfortunately, I am also in the picture, but you can get an idea of the physical size.
fredsbook.jpg
fredsbook.jpg (631.32 KiB) Viewed 1437 times

GJH

#64 Post by GJH » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Talk about a tease!!!

Without spoiling anything, give us some impressions...
You are the FIRST forum member to see this thing!!!

G
Moderator Illinois Watch Forum
Still, Just living in Rick's world...

Magpie

#65 Post by Magpie » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm

In my opinion, Randy has already done that by saying what he did: "Everything about the book set is amazingly high quality and beautiful - starting with the box, the book covers, the photography throughout is amazing, the printing is a very high quality. When those that ordered this book receive their copies, they will be blown away. I have never seen anything like this before."

stryfox

#66 Post by stryfox » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:35 pm

I might have to buy a coffee table just to put these on....Can't wait.
My watches on instagram,
https://www.instagram.com/fth_classic_timepieces

Watches serviced and ready to go at,
http://fthclassictimepieces.com

stryfox

#67 Post by stryfox » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Also I'm no marketing guy but it looks like you might want to change it from "book" to encyclopedia.
My watches on instagram,
https://www.instagram.com/fth_classic_timepieces

Watches serviced and ready to go at,
http://fthclassictimepieces.com

GJH

#68 Post by GJH » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 am

Magpie wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
In my opinion, Randy has already done that by saying what he did: "Everything about the book set is amazingly high quality and beautiful - starting with the box, the book covers, the photography throughout is amazing, the printing is a very high quality. When those that ordered this book receive their copies, they will be blown away. I have never seen anything like this before."
I know, but just a tease... I think that Chapter 3 (The Identification Volume) is going to be used quite often for reference.
With all the new additions from Vol. 1 this is what I am most excited to see first.

G

GJH

#69 Post by GJH » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am

GJH wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 am
Magpie wrote:
I know, but just a tease... I think that Chapter 3 (The Identification Volume) is going to be used quite often for reference.
With all the new additions from Vol. 1 this is what I am most excited to see first.

And yes... I think I will have to buy a glass top to put over one of my sets to use it to HOLD a coffee table! :lol:

G

GJH

#70 Post by GJH » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am

GJH wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am
GJH wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 am
Magpie wrote:

And yes... I think I will have to buy a glass top to put over one of my sets to use it to HOLD a coffee table! :lol:

G