Can't attach photos

Share your suggestions, ideas and concerns about the forum
Findingtime

Can't attach photos

#1 Post by Findingtime » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 pm

When I try uploading pics to the site "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." keeps popping up in red.

Dave

Re: Can't attach photos

#2 Post by Dave » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 pm

I haven't tried to use the attachment feature. I link everything from Photobucket. Creating an account is free and only takes a few minutes. It's very convenient and easy to use (uploading and linking). If you plan to use a lot of photos (and I hope you do), using a third party online host for photos is practically required.

Findingtime

#3 Post by Findingtime » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 am

Dave,

Thanks. I will go sign up with Photobucket and give it a try.

Dave

#4 Post by Dave » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

If you get the option, choose the classic format. In that case, when you hover over a photo, a drop window gives you all your options. Then you can just click once on the img code and paste it here. With the new format, you have to click the photo, select share, then find the img code. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to help but most of the regular posters here also use Photobucket.

Findingtime

#5 Post by Findingtime » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the tip! I switched it back to classic and it is much quicker/easier. I posted a couple photos under the American Watch section with no problems. I'm going to be posting some original adverts this weekend.

Thanks again,

norm650

#6 Post by norm650 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:24 am

Findingtime wrote:When I try uploading pics to the site "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." keeps popping up in red.
I had the same issue a few weeks ago, and I just had the same problem again tonight. Is there something that needs to be fixed, i prefer not to use Photobucket.
"Don't be alarmed ladies and gentlemen. Those chains are made of chrome steel!" - Carl Denham

Norm

441victor

#7 Post by 441victor » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

I uploaded a couple of pics for a new Elgin post last night but could not upload for a different post a few minutes later. There is no error message. The upload progress bar completes but the option to insert the image into the post doesn't appear. I have 72 images in my attachment list. Is there a limit? Joel

Paleotime

#8 Post by Paleotime » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 am

The upload progress bar completes but the option to insert the image into the post doesn't appear. I have 72 images in my attachment list. Is there a limit?
It took me a couple of times to see the error message at the top...it didn't jump right out at me. I assumed there was a limit, so I deleted one of my attachments and was able to upload a photo. However, I only had something like five or six attachments, if you have 72 it would seem that the limit is with the entire forum rather than the individual user.
"Percentage players die broke too..." - Fast Eddie in the Hustler

Dave

#9 Post by Dave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

I made this a global sticky since this issue seems to be coming up more and more often in different forums. Any questions regarding how to host, post or share photos, please post them here.

N. Robinson

#10 Post by N. Robinson » Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 am

This is easily resolved. The error message returned upon trying to attach images tells what the problem is:

The issue is that the site's attachment quota has been reached. This is a setting in the forum's administration area. You'll want to see how much disk space you have available in your hosting environment and not make your quota higher than that, of course. Leave enough room for everything else, such as your database to grow.
.:. Nathan