Do you have any good ideas about nice men's watches?

Place for watch and non-watch related topics
robin222

Do you have any good ideas about nice men's watches?

#1 Post by robin222 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:57 am

Hello,
Recently I want to buy a nice men's watch, I don't have much budget, so I ask it for cheap. I've been searching on Amazon and Google, but there are too many styles, I don't know which one is right for me? do you have any good advice?
Cheers!

Nookster

Re: Do you have any good ideas about nice men's watches?

#2 Post by Nookster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:12 am

I you just want a time keeper with no style, just get a casio.
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF owner, moderator and Hamilton Enthusiast

441victor

#3 Post by 441victor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Since you didn't mention what your budget is, it's hard to recommend a specific watch. Your best bet for finding a modern watch is to search Google for "best watch under $200" or $400. That will narrow your search. I would try to avoid any quartz powered watch. You will find affordable diver, retro, dress and other styles. It all depends on your taste. If you are interested in vintage watches, wander around in the forums here and find out what catches your eye. Then search ebay for sold examples of a brand and model to get a feeling for how much they go for. The more you look around, the more detail you will start to see and you will develop an understanding of how old watches wear and how that controls their value as much as their rarity. Then copy a picture of one you especially like and ask about it here. I've been doing these things for years and I still have no idea what makes a watch "nice". I just know what I like and what I am willing to spend a little money on. Many forum members think I'm crazy. I can live with that, Joel

robin222

#4 Post by robin222 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:36 am

I want to buy a cheap watch under $80, i love blue-tone watch, so i will buy this design style!