International Dial

Place for watch and non-watch related topics
leibo

Re: International Dial

#51 Post by leibo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm

That Patek dial looks great...what the hell happened to it before???

That clearly falls into the category that original / unrestored isn't better...

veritas123

#52 Post by veritas123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:16 am

And the contact information for L&S is??????

watchdoc#1

#53 Post by watchdoc#1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 pm

L&S 629 S Hill St
Ste 807
Los Angeles, CA 90014

(213) 627-3455
I used to be known as "watchdoc" now I'm watchdoc#1. Check me out under the members list. :roll:

randy van

#54 Post by randy van » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

That Patek dial is amazing. I will try that dial refinisher for sure.

Nookster

#55 Post by Nookster » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am

leibo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm
That Patek dial looks great...what the hell happened to it before???

That clearly falls into the category that original / unrestored isn't better...
No idea, it was dented, smahed and rusty. I am still in the middile of the restoration. Parts are not like Hamilton, they are not all that available.

So far, they have done great on all dials, but one. They don't have correct print for the Dixon or Scott dials.

When you send them dials, make sure if Luminous you tell them you want white, green or brown luminous. White is the one we all use.
mark@vintagehamilton.com
VWF owner, moderator and Hamilton Enthusiast

Nookster

#56 Post by Nookster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:31 pm

14K Coral Brock and dial. Dial refinished by L&S in 7 days. Two tone and looks perfect. It's a hard enamel dial done in two tone finish.

They did an exploding numeral cushion form for me, I think they used the wrong print as the numerals look too large and not exactly as Hamilton did it.
I will take back and see how he does a second time next time I go up. They are very nice easy to work with and the turn around is spectular.

It will be a learning curve and I will keep you informed of which ones they can do and which ones don't look good.

mark@vintagehamilton.com

Nookster

#57 Post by Nookster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:28 am

This is how easy L&S was last week. I took back the cushion with exploding numerals. They showed me their die plates, it’s right there (41-B) but they said they can’t find the die. So I took the correct dial with me and they will make a die in around 5 days. They send them out to be made, so it’s much faster than them making one.

I told them I would like to take photos of their dies/plates so we can send in our dials and say it’s S213b I need. Just a thought. I sent in my Dixon dial and it was
done incorrectly. So he said bring it back and I will be re-do it for free. The plate is there, but he accidently picked wrong one. He told me he has most every Hamilton plate as he bought out a company from Chicago and has thousands of dies. He showed them to me.

Look ar die 33R, a Perry notice below the sub seconds chapter, it has the partial 6 which is original to the dial as I have some nos dials. This die/plate has the correct print. International does not have this as their Perry refinshed dials are missing this.

You can see the two refinished ones by International, they use the agn style for both Perry’s when the luminous dial should have the partial 6 while the agn does not. Just no attention to detail. For years I just accepted it, but I prefer them to be correct. I think ID has only a few dies that are not correct. Most their work is good, just slow or not at all. I will keep you informed about L&S. Wonderful people.

DIALS FROM INTERNATIONAL
mark@vintagehamilton.com

Nookster

#58 Post by Nookster » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Update, L&S can't do hard enamel dials in white, they do not have the correct solutions. They only have the silver finish. They are working on making the correct powder for the hard enamel dials in white.
mark@vintagehamilton.com