Heads up for Ebay watch sellers...non paying bidder alert

Place for watch and non-watch related topics
gogirlusa

Heads up for Ebay watch sellers...non paying bidder alert

#1 Post by gogirlusa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give you all a heads up and save some of you from some headaches :) I've been selling my father's watch collection on Ebay and had the inconvenience of a non-paying bidder. I just wanted to give you all a heads up so you can add him to your blocked bidders list :) His ID is aeknana. After a couple of weeks of waiting for the case to be closed, I'm finally free to relist...but what an inconvenience! Let me know if there are any other Ebay ID's I should block before I relist lol! :)
-Danielle-

JerseyMo

Re: Heads up for Ebay watch sellers...non paying bidder alert

#2 Post by JerseyMo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm

non payment can be a real pain but, I have a basic routine. If the items is not paid in 24 hours I send the buyer a short note asking if they need time to pay or if they wish to cancel.
Many times I get payment within 24 hours afterwards. If I get no reply I just cancel the order. Works out much better than waiting for a case to close.

-
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”

Jasoni11

#3 Post by Jasoni11 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:20 pm

What a pain. I have not sold anything on ebay yet, but I buy a lot of stuff off ebay. When I do I try to pay right away.

gogirlusa

#4 Post by gogirlusa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:58 am

JerseyMo wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm
non payment can be a real pain but, I have a basic routine. If the items is not paid in 24 hours I send the buyer a short note asking if they need time to pay or if they wish to cancel.
Many times I get payment within 24 hours afterwards. If I get no reply I just cancel the order. Works out much better than waiting for a case to close.

-
Thanks for the advice!!! That's a great tip!

retroworx

#5 Post by retroworx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:16 am

gogirlusa wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:58 am
JerseyMo wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm
If I get no reply I just cancel the order. Works out much better than waiting for a case to close.

-
Thanks for the advice!!! That's a great tip!
Just know that if you close a case *without* permission from the buyer, you risk getting a seller "defect" on your account. Too many of those, and there may be increased fees or selling restrictions.
My vintage watch collection on Instagram: @retroworx
https://www.instagram.com/retroworx/

JerseyMo

#6 Post by JerseyMo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 am

retroworx wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:16 am
Just know that if you close a case *without* permission from the buyer, you risk getting a seller "defect" on your account. Too many of those, and there may be increased fees or selling restrictions.
Here is the page explaining cancellation. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getti ... on?id=4136
In the last year I had to canceled only 2 orders and one of them paid even after I canceled the order and they left positive feedback! they just needed a kick in the ass to pay.

Another EBay tip - run more than one account so you can sell with one and buy with another.
“Someday, and that day may never come, I’ll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift”