Vintage Watch Forums

Vintage Collector’s Site for Discussion
Home
Hamilton Watches for Sale
It is currently Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Elgin E7 for sale
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:28 pm 

Anyone looking for a nice Elgin E7? I have one for sale or trade. This is the description off my website:

"Excellent all white gold filled case 33mm by 29.5mm wide with a 16mm wide lug opening. Excellent condition case. Excellent original dial and hands. Crystal has probably been replaced. Good crown. 17j movement winds and sets perfectly, has been serviced by my watchmaker including a new staff. Runs accurately for a watch of this vintage. Described by some Elgin enthusiasts as "the prettiest round watch Elgin made" during the Art Deco period, the E7 is a difficult watch to find. It was not pictured in all the catalogs, and jewelers at the time had to know they existed. Bands are kind of difficult to fit on this watch because the lug holes are very close to the case; you need to use curved spring bars (which are hard to find nowadays) in combination with a band made of soft, supple leather. I found the solution in a "Movado" signed strap, which is maybe not the most appropriate choice, but it works, and if you want to put a different band on it, knock your socks off!"

I have been asking $395 on my website, but with no takers. Anyone interested at $300? I bought this in June of 2015 from Cary Hurt, and had the balance staff replaced and the movement COA'd in August of 2015.

I'll also consider trades for something of equivalent value. Specifically looking for an Elgin 6 size, grade 286 with bold Arabic numeral dial, with WWI era serial number 20 million to 22 million. But will also consider other trades. PM me, or direct email to bruce.shawkey@gmail.com.

Attachments:
elgin5656.jpg
elgin5656.jpg [ 122.74 KiB | Viewed 280 times ]
elgin5656side2.jpg
elgin5656side2.jpg [ 128.48 KiB | Viewed 280 times ]