FS: Hamilton 'Brooke' 980

Post your watches here for sale or trade. All items must have a price or will be deleted from the post. Please write sold when your item has been sold. Thank You, Mgt
Dir

FS: Hamilton 'Brooke' 980

#1 Post by Dir » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm not a regular in these forums so apologies for not knowing the lingo.
I was given my sister's 'Brooke' watch a few years back. She was given it by our father in the 1950's (her name is Brooke so there was a bit of an association). Brooke (my sister) had Rene rebuild/service it a few years back and it's been sitting in its original case ever since. It doesn't suit my wrist and I'm too afraid of accidentally bashing it in my normal clumsy day to day grind. I'd prefer that it end up with a collector.

The watch is basically single owner (well, single family). I have a few photos of it which are here in my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ad63u3hliizl ... 8fNCa?dl=0
I'm up in Victoria BC Canada so if anyone wants to see it first-hand they're more than welcome.
I also have a torn out page from a 1938 National Geographic that has a full-page ad for the 'Brooke' Hamilton. Hopefully I've still got it and if I can find it, the buyer is welcome to it.

I'd like at least USD$600 for it. It's never been worn since Rene restored it and it looks brand new.

Hopefully the photos give you all the details you'll need.

Cheers
Doug inthecentreofitall@gmail.com and +1 604 679 1953